17.8 & 19 khz working side by side?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fire them up in the yard and see how close you can get to each other without interference. If there is none, you're good to go. If there is, keep walking until there's no more cross communication.

Hope it all works out for you.

All the best,

Lanny

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was out a couple of days ago, buddy had goldbug2 (70k ), i work a GMT (50k), we were standing next to each other comparing the sounds no cross talk at all, I found a target in bedrock, vertical wall, had the sweet zip zip, and he liked the target as well with his GB2, took a while about four inchs of bedrock had to be cracked chipped turned out to be a pea size old rusty iron?, even after freein it up still made that sweet sound, still have it, very attracted to a mag

OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks
Got good info from Steve Herschbach that just a fraction of a khz difference in frequency would be enough to prevent cross talk.
Wife's Gold Bug is in transit so I couldn't do a physical side-by-side.
Bob

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad you got an answer.

Have fun!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread