Gold Bug vs Gold Bug Pro

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I’m trying to decipher the benefit of spending the extra money for the Pro.
Here’s my scenario.
Gold prospecting only.
All Metal - All the time
The Fe304 graph and Arc target ID is nice
Have no need for discrimination
Have no desire for manual ground balance

All I require is a simple 19Khz beep & dig machine

Wouldn’t the plain jane Gold Bug be sufficient?
How would the Pro benefit my particular scenario?

Thx
Bob

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No doubt the GB2 is a proven machine. Adam knows that as well as anybody here. However, don't doubt your decision to buy a GB non pro. It is a fine machine for finding gold. No matter what machine you have, it is only as good as the person using it. The best machine in the world is worthless in the wrong hands. Having confidence in your purchase and persistence in the field will help define your outcome. Dennis

Dennis,

What you say is a profound truth. A truth so powerful that many people who buy detectors (regardless of the technology in the detector) forget all about the power of the technology in their hands and so they walk right over the gold! Sometimes they're going too fast. Sometimes they don't know which sounds to investigate. Sometimes they haven't taken the time to do any research about the areas they should hunt. Sometimes they simply are bored too easily. Sometimes it's the hard work that dissuades them. Sometimes they haven't bothered to read their manual! And the list goes on and on.

Everyone that's serious about finding their first nugget needs to memorize your words: "The best machine in the world is worthless in the wrong hands. Having confidence in your purchase and persistence in the field will help define your outcome."

All the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the pro and I like it....only thing I would say is I wish they had more of a variable tone system to just pick up the certain tone of gold and other non ferrous targets. The discriminate feature works but I never use it. I need to get the larger coil to improve depth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread