Sluices: 36" Bazooka Gold Trap Sniper, Angus McKirk Recon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK, I'll take a stab at this very "subjective" question
Gold Bug Pro; anything below-1/8" not likely
GB2/GMT; gold down to plus +20(and in some cases below)
Falcon territory for the rest.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After all of the reviews and research I have a gold bug pro coming from Big boys hobbies. I understand that the detector can find small gold i.e grains, grams etc. Could someone give me an idea as to what that would relate too in classifier size? +8+12+20 mesh?
Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

If you're talking grams, absolutely! (For most dedicated gold nugget detectors, a gram nugget is pretty big. [The exceptions would be the Minelab SD/GPX series, but with the new software and the small speciality coils, grains now are detectable too].

Grains for the Bug Pro, you bet.

Do an Internet search for RayMills/TrinityAu and look at some of the tiny stuff he's found.

As far as relating it to mesh, others will have to jump in on that, but you'd better be ready to dig some very small targets, realizing that you'll also have the extra punch you need to "see" the bigger nuggets down deeper than the Gold Bug II can.

All the best,

Lanny

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold bug pro can hit on pieces smaller than an 1/8 for sure. I've seen it hit on .22 rounds at six inches in mineralized ground.

OP
OP
G

gunflintguy

Oct 4, 2013
Northern Mn
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Blue Bowl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the replies.

After all of the comments and then doing a internet search on Ray , I found the Fisher labs site with Ray's finds (Fisher metal detector finds, news and reviews). I now have better idea what the Gold Pro can do. I can't wait to find my first sassy nugget!!

Thanks again everyone!!

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't found any gold with mine yet, but my first impressions using it is this. I am convinced that if you cut a #8 birdshot into 37 pieces, I could hand them all back to you. Since lead is almost identical to gold, I think it can find pieces so small, it will drive you crazy!

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Chunky pinheads are certainly possible with any of the GB detectors. An 1/8'' piece would sing pretty loud at maybe 3-4 inches or so depending on the mineralization in the soil around it. Dennis

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Chunky pinheads are certainly possible with any of the GB detectors. An 1/8'' piece would sing pretty loud at maybe 3-4 inches or so depending on the mineralization in the soil around it. Dennis

Great, specific reply.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
G

gunflintguy

Oct 4, 2013
Northern Mn
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Blue Bowl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again thanks everyone for the replies!

I have used # 8 bird shot to learn how to pan and to make sure my recirculating McKirk sluice is working right. Now I have an idea, what size we are talking about.

Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread