My 5 and 2.5 yr old children get there first detectors!

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought my soon to be 5 yr old son a Bounty Hunter Lone Star for $99 that came today. I just got home from work and did a quick mod so it would fit him until i mod it solidly. Got my 2.5 yr old daughter a $12 Discover Kids Detector. Their both loven it. My son has wanted his own detector for awhile and i checked out the ones made for kids and youth and thought I'd get something he could learn and grow with- hell its warrantied until he's 10. He has already learned some of the categories over the last week from a picture of the face plate. Mom's bathing the kids know after an exciting first hunt in the front yard for allot of planted change. Were going mining with my pops this saturday and plan to do some detecting and teaching the kids, and i'm sure some good laughs to come. I'll post some pics soon from my wifes phone.
Any others that have kids and detect throw out some stories - sure theirs some good ones out there!
Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads!!
AJR

Upvote 0

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats terrific AJR.. it's endearing to see how our very young grandchildren want to share our activities. From the time our oldest grandson... about three years old then... espied me out in the backyard testing a metal detector, well he had to be part of that process. The upshot was that I modified an old Garrett Goldstinger and gave it to him, thinking the the automatic coin circuit would be sufficient. We've had a lot of fun finding buried "treasure" out in the patio...

Lately street hockey, including goalie nets, has been their main interest when they visit... usually twice weekly. It is best to make hay while the sun shines. Right now they want to be with us and do things, and we think it important to build strong relationships with them now so that, hopefully, the day will never come when they don't have the time for us.

Geez... in two weeks we're off camping, long walks, fun at the beach, canoeing, and marshmallow roasts nightly weather permitting... life is good when you make the effort to live. Wish you and the children many exciting treasure hunts down the road...

Jim.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way to go buddy! Spread the love and joy of detecting. Those youngsters are super intrigued by our detectors and it hits fever pitch when the unearth treasures! Send us a pic with your crew and their finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread