Seam Deposit Gold

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Son found this gold on a tailing pile from a exposed seam deposit close by with my Whites GMT . My detectors find a lot of Gold just not in my hands . 26 grams pocket Gold 001.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

caprock

Aug 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By 'seam" are you referring to the geologic setting Known as "seam diggings" or wide zones of quartz stringers, most commonly seen in the vicinity of Spanish Dry Diggings and Georgia Slide?

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By 'seam" are you referring to the geologic setting Known as "seam diggings" or wide zones of quartz stringers, most commonly seen in the vicinity of Spanish Dry Diggings and Georgia Slide?
Yes wide zones of mineralization that's eroding near the surface but on the other side of the divide on the Kelsey side . The Gold is found in pockets and stringers on and near the surface .

Last edited:

caprock

Aug 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a real hot spot, very cool!
Thanks for info and good luck on future hunts.
Caprock

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.26 gram ain't right or that's the worlds smallest coin/pan as MUCH larger than that weight.Looks fantastic all rough and gnarly,keep it quiet(check your pic for imbedded gps location and remove, as you can bet there is LOTS more where that came from that contact point-congrats-John

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.26 gram ain't right or that's the worlds smallest coin/pan as MUCH larger than that weight.Looks fantastic all rough and gnarly,keep it quiet(check your pic for imbedded gps location and remove, as you can bet there is LOTS more where that came from that contact point-congrats-John
That's a period lol at the end . It was found at the end of a cut where they were dumping waste rock over the side we found a few more pieces covered in a black matrix ? that we left in acid overnight to reveal some nice gold . I'll try to find a photo for another post .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread