Scored a Gold Bug Pro

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was on craigslist $375.00... I traded a few items I paid practically nothing for and pulled fifty dollars from the bank. Basically a 60.00 detector...My wheeling and dealing abilities really came through today...Craigslist/Yardsale MASTER:headbang: Came with 5" coil I will be getting an elliptical. I am familiar with the unit I have used Hangtowns a few times on our claim and he let me borrow his so I have been sneaking in some practice on my property. I find it similar to the gmt at far as my ears are concerned. I like the simple controls and display.

Upvote 0

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good bargain there! These are excellent units and very sensitive to small gold. If there are detectors out there that find smaller - I don't want one, as the tiny bits my GB Pro finds are enough of a pain to locate sometimes. Good luck Nuggy

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet deal! It will work good in your area, as you have pretty mild ground up there.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Wes, Yea That was a major factor...I can't spring for a P.I. yet i'm good at bartering but....I would need an a.t.v to score a mine lab. I've used Hangtowns down on the claim and it is very stable. I like how it handles the creek gravels and it is great up on the hillsides. I wish I had the time and schedule to meet up with you and Gravelwasher sometime...Especially cause I know you know the area out by me. Keep Killin it':notworthy:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GW look into the white,s TDI, been on the market for a while, sure you can find a bargain, Box can be chest mounted so all your swingin is a rod :tongue3: unlike Minelab which will take your arm off unless you have a crane on your back

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tdi was my other goal ...still is they come up on craigslist for very attainable prices....shoot new they're affordable....Will most likely have to wait until after hunting season.That is unless we get eater on the claim sooner and get back to production...I have no problem selling/trading gold so maybe the Gb will get its self a partner in crime!

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was on craigslist $375.00... I traded a few items I paid practically nothing for and pulled fifty dollars from the bank. Basically a 60.00 detector...My wheeling and dealing abilities really came through today...Craigslist/Yardsale MASTER:headbang: Came with 5" coil I will be getting an elliptical. I am familiar with the unit I have used Hangtowns a few times on our claim and he let me borrow his so I have been sneaking in some practice on my property. I find it similar to the gmt at far as my ears are concerned. I like the simple controls and display.

Nice find and a better price at that. I have a document called "Gold Prospecting With A VLF Metal Detector By Dave Johnson". I can send it to you, its written by the person who designed the Gold Bug Pro. Its in PDF and Word. PM me your email address and I will fire it over to you.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice snag, I have been working on finding one for my older son, so he can swing it, and me the GMT.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What a deal. Time to find some nuggies......

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is indeed quite awesome! Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread