What metal detector for Michoacan, Mexico (central Mexico) ???

Joe7

Aug 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to buy a gold nugget detector to take with me to Michoacan, Mexico. I've heard is a hot climate down there, and not sure if the GB2 or GB Pro will work well under the climate conditions. I have heard of the Minelab working well in Africa, which is pretty hot, but I can't afford the high prices. Please, help me out with some suggestions. I would like to concentrate on bigger nuggets. Thank you in advance.

Joe

Upvote 0

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did it go Joe? Cause I went to Michoacan in 12/12/2014. I took a whites xlt a sierra madre slot and a garrett gti2500. Jimmy sierra sent a program for the xlt. Nothing worked. 25 days of walking for nothing. In two years im going back to Agua Caliente. That's between Zacapu and Puruandiro. Next time im taking the whites tdi. Vlog will not work. Even my garrett pinpointer was useless. How did it go for you?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GB2,GB Pro,Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, are my go to units. Since $$$ is tight you can easily find these vlf units used but not abused all over for less than a $500 bill. Many coil sizes available. In high trash areas the TLST rules but GB units rock for small and depth too. Don't know your experience level but nugget shooting is the hardest,expensive,dangerous, and labor intensive form of detecting there is. With that said tons a oro puro 2 u-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread