If you and your partner found a large nugget..

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would dip half in the hot mustard, and she would dip her half in sweet and sour.

I'm almost sure.

OP
OP
Y

ywevis

Feb 24, 2013
Albemarle, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK, I thought my post was idiot proof, but I was proved wrong..

You and your prospecting partner are not in love and don't live in the same house, nor do either like those dips listed.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I thought my post was idiot proof, but I was proved wrong..

You and your prospecting partner are not in love and don't live in the same house, nor do either like those dips listed.

Sometimes it's OK to smile. Maybe even laugh.

And in answer to your original question, you'd be better off financially to sell a nice nugget and split the cash rather than cut it.

OP
OP
Y

ywevis

Feb 24, 2013
Albemarle, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ya, I agree on selling it, the little nuggets under 1 ounce we split via every other one.. No arrangements on anything larger yet, will wait til it becomes a reality.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Either sell it, or when you determine the value, float the idea of selling one partners intrest to the other, and keep it. Good health and good hunting and keep up the good work.

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everyone I have ever hunted with keeps what they find, unless a percentage goes to the property owner. I don't want half of somebody else's nugget, and they sure are not getting half of mine.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finders keepers. Seen more fights, and been in one myself, over big nuggets and even a patch of little ones. Finding a big one and you'll quickly find out what your friendships are made of. Only real way to avoid this is if its a formal business arrangement and Everything gets sold and profits divided. Otherwise be happy for *and maybe a bit jealous of* your mate and press on with the hunt.

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
My partner and myself have a good agreement. We prospect together, find different specimens, keep our favorites for collections and what we sell; we split. :occasion14:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
pens on the circumstance, detecting, dredging, sharing a sluice ops, and not that hard to do, just make sure the hole is big enough:laughing9:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sharing the gold has many advantages. I trade off largest picker every other time.

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a video on the web ( maybe Youtube ) of a huge nugget 2-300 ounces found in Africa by prospecting natives being divided up in shares by use of a hammer and chisel , I guess that's the way they do it there but as a stand alone nugget the worth would be much more ..cheers Mick

IDdesertman

Dec 8, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
GPX4500, Gold Bugs
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's always been finders keepers with anyone I've ever been with. I can't imagine wanting half of a nugget that my detecting partner found, or vice-versa.. If he finds a good one just work hard to find the next one... now dredging or sluicing an arrangement would be smart, but for detecting I'd say the digger gets it.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't share my paycheck with the people I work with and I don't share my finds with the people I detect with.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a promise..... Me Hangtown and Aufisher are on the claim........ we dig a pennyweight we will argue over who is taking it home...all trying not to be the guy with the poke at the end of the day:headbang:... We dig an ounce plus slab.......the hacksaw may come out.

OP
OP
Y

ywevis

Feb 24, 2013
Albemarle, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's always been finders keepers with anyone I've ever been with. I can't imagine wanting half of a nugget that my detecting partner found, or vice-versa.. If he finds a good one just work hard to find the next one... now dredging or sluicing an arrangement would be smart, but for detecting I'd say the digger gets it.

Small creeks require a good tender. Or you gonna dredge for 2 mins push tailings, dredge for 2 mins push tailings, you get the point..

OP
OP
Y

ywevis

Feb 24, 2013
Albemarle, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's a promise..... Me Hangtown and Aufisher are on the claim........ we dig a pennyweight we will argue over who is taking it home...all trying not to be the guy with the poke at the end of the day:headbang:... We dig an ounce plus slab.......the hacksaw may come out.

That's right.. I ain't worried about a few grams.. We are in a area in NC were they found 17 pound nuggets..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread