labor day weekend gold

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Made it down to shasta today for a little fun again with fors gold detector. Found 2 little pcs. Was 1.1 dwt. Had a good time and got my lead quota for the day also. Really like this detector, really opens up a new playing field. And no you can't have it hoser. Lol. You can try it next week. Maybe after the shehunter tries it. But i might not get it back.
Take care

20140830_165953-1.jpg

Upvote 0

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice nuggets!! how deep were they?

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One was about 8 in. And other about 10 in. I didn't have anything to measure with so is just a real close estimate. But i checked signals with gb pro. With 10" coil and it couldnt hear them.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No i was using new nokta fors gold detector with standard 11". coil.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
that is great, think the GMT would give me a whisper

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure about gmt. I only had the gb pro for comparrison. I never tried a gmt before.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shehunter will make that Nokta disappear amongst a pile a nuggets and you'll be left forsaken and darn well will know why--cause she ROCKS :headbang: I like the email with it all this am,thanx-John

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Both great gold machines. But fors gold is deeper. Noticably. Batteries in the fors gold last longer. Some xtra features on forsgold make it unique also. Like vibrate, when u get a signal. You can even not have any signal sound just vibrate. But if u can't hear or hear good it is a good thing to have. Or if it is hot and maybe u want to detect at night. Fors gold has a built in led flashlight that aims right at your coil. Now that fors gold is deeper all my area now is brand new again.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good videos. That golden sense is an older coin/relic/gold detector. They have new ones. Velox one and fors core. Brother to my fors gold. Never tried golden sense and fors core. But i hear they are good detectors. I have a velox one detector. It is an awesome gold hunter. The same depths as the fors gold. Minus some xtra features then the fors gold.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good videos. That golden sense is an older coin/relic/gold detector. They have new ones. Velox one and fors core. Brother to my fors gold. Never tried golden sense and fors core. But i hear they are good detectors. I have a velox one detector. It is an awesome gold hunter. The same depths as the fors gold. Minus some xtra features then the fors gold.

I would like to see more reviews but those I find on Youtube are of foreign language to me. The video I post is great at explaining all the features of the Nokta Fors Gold. My biggest pitfall for me is warranty service. Who handles that here in USA if you should have a problem. Seems to be that if Nokta is after the USA market that they would have offices in the USA.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don' t know if kellyco fixes them or not. They are their US. dealer. I seen a couple times people had a bad coil for that velox one. And they said they have excellent service and damn fast. What about minelab. They seem popular here. Do they have US service department? I' ve had issues with fisher coils before. But they take care of it. But sometimes takes a few weeks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread