Would the Nokta fors handle pickers?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still in the market for a good all around land machine, something that can handle relic hunting, coin shooting, and even picker hunting. If such a beast exist? I'm only going to have room for one land machine and a few coils so I need to to get the most bang for my buck. Already got the Excal and various coils for all of my water hunting.

Here's a link to the machine in question:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/b...-core-beach-review-new-detector-consider.html

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta, here are links to their websites and how to contact them. As I said we all would like to hear and see some real results. I am sure all these men would like to field test the Nokta Fors Gold.

Steve Herschbach - can be reached by PM in these forums by the name of Steve Herschbach

Chris Gholson - Steve Gholson,

Rob Allison

Ray Mill - Can be reached by PM in these forums by the name of Trinityau
Web links deleted, not supporting vendors...

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What are the requirements of being one of the big name detectorist mentioned beforehand.

I knew you were going to be offended and run with it. Bottom line Nokta needs to put their equipment in the hands of experience detectorist of people we know of. I and others are just to take the words of one individual that join in August that as far as we know in the forums could be working for Nokta, we don't know. Glad your having the luck your having but I and others would like some input from other detectorist. If I am going to drop $1000.00 to $1400.00 you can bet I am going to do my homework, kinda like going out and kicking the tires on that old Chevy before I lay down my hard earned cash, sure don't want to buy a lemon... Plus I was born in the show me state. Its always been the American way if you have a product you want to sell then put the product in the hands of testers. You will find this on any Google search for any item when you add the word REVIEW. From cameras, watches, stereo equipment, video gear, cars, tools, etc.

Nokta, as for the links that were removed my error for not playing by the rules, but you do not have to look far, just Google their names with the added words behind their names of Metal Detectors and the links will pop up. I and many others would like to hear and see some test results.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Californiagold joining in August does not make his opinion any less valuable..

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THERE ARE NONE SO BLIND AS THOSE WHO REFUSE TO SEE....................... in ignorance there is bliss in AZ-:headbang: John

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John I am LOL....

Nokta has joined the world stage in Metal Detectors and now they are asking the public to back their products in a forum viewed on the world stage. Americans are skeptical for the reasons were pointed out with Chevy s, Toyota's, and many other products and should be. Company's such as Zeiss, Hasselblad, Lecia, Stiener, Leopold, etc. all have a following of making quality products that are tested and reviewed. Minelabs, Fishers, Garretts, White's, Tesoro's are all placed in the hands to be tested and reviewed as many products are.

To have others test and review Nokta Fors Gold will only back up statements presented in these forums and findings of this metal detector. Nothing wrong in further testing and reviews. Any creditable company would welcome to hear the good or bad in their products being field tested by independent testers, but I am not about to take one man's opinions or watch videos I can't understand.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing a lot of due diligence on a variety of machines that fall within the scope of what I'm looking for. As it stands right now I really like what Nokta has to offer in their overall machine design/features. But as with any other machine there comes a point when you have to get it into "your" hands for a while. What one hunter likes another hunter will hate, always been that way and always will be. More reviews would be great but bias can also run in both directions simply from user preferences, etc. So? At some point we have to try on the shoe to see if it fits. I'm not against trying new tech as long as it's quality tech and Nokta appears to be quality tech that's been designed to meet a high standard of performance. I may just have to dive in and find out first hand. :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread to begin with is about the Fors CoRe detector. Nokta did not start the thread, Bigscoop did asking how the Fors CoRe was for coin, relics and possibly nugget picking.

Californiagold expressed his opinion on his Fors Gold machine. Nokta did not ask ANYTHING.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing a lot of due diligence on a variety of machines that fall within the scope of what I'm looking for. As it stands right now I really like what Nokta has to offer in their overall machine design/features. But as with any other machine there comes a point when you have to get it into "your" hands for a while. What one hunter likes another hunter will hate, always been that way and always will be. More reviews would be great but bias can also run in both directions simply from user preferences, etc. So? At some point we have to try on the shoe to see if it fits. I'm not against trying new tech as long as it's quality tech and Nokta appears to be quality tech that's been designed to meet a high standard of performance. I may just have to dive in and find out first hand. :dontknow:
Scoop if you get a chance drive to kellyco in wintersprings, north of orlando, they have a test garden you can play with using the floor model...

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No Nokta did not ask but with the interest in their products many would like some information, test results, reviews that we can read, understand and make a sound decision on making a purchase.

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I suppose testing of such a machine in highly mineralized ground that has not seen a pick or shovel is out of the question.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Nokta did not ask but with the interest in their products many would like some information, test results, reviews that we can read, understand and make a sound decision on making a purchase.
Nothing wrong with more info, it was way you were saying they were asking for people to back their product on the forum was why I made my post.... Nokta hasn't asked anyone on the forums to support their product any more than Minelab or Whites has.

Nokta is a supporting vendor here and to the best of my knowledge Kellyco is the only Nokta dealer in the states. It could easily be they did not respond to the members you mention above because they are all dealers too.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never said a word that Nokta was asking anyone to back their products in the forums.

This is what i was referring to...

John I am LOL....

Nokta has joined the world stage in Metal Detectors and now they are asking the public to back their products in a forum viewed on the world stage.

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You know as well as I know that is not what I was stating. Very few people are going to buy the product without some real results.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AzV, my comments were based on what you said.

There are lots of reviews in Europe for the Fors CoRe. It is my understanding Nokta has only been in states about 3 months.

I know from my test on the beach I was highly impressed with it's performance on the beach, I was also impressed with the feel of the unit and the way it is built...

NOKTA is manufacturer to watch, they will be a major competitor ....

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell you this, Nokta isn't fooling around with generalized mass market machines and I think it's obvious that they're actually trying to produce top of the line products at a professional standard. In this day and age I like this about any company. It tells me they're going to continue to try to excel and it also tells me that they are going to try to continue to be an innovator. Too many companies today are resting on the same old technologies by simply adding new skins and more bells and whistles, the majority of their product lines being focused on the generalized mass market. From what I've researched I honestly don't believe this is what Nokta is aiming at.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AzV not sure why your restricting the detector to AZ. Scoop was asking about an all around detector not an AZ detector. I mentioned the beach thread i wrote only because that is where Scoop first became aware of the Fors CoRe and that is the link in the opening post that he was referring to in this thread..

There is gold in lots of states besides Az..

Californiagold is using the golden sense and seems to be quite happy with it.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would not be my choice for gold hunting either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions