Would the Nokta fors handle pickers?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still in the market for a good all around land machine, something that can handle relic hunting, coin shooting, and even picker hunting. If such a beast exist? I'm only going to have room for one land machine and a few coils so I need to to get the most bang for my buck. Already got the Excal and various coils for all of my water hunting.

Here's a link to the machine in question:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/b...-core-beach-review-new-detector-consider.html

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pick a state. I could easily end up in any of them next year. That's what's so troubling in regards to machine options, just can't take a truckload of machines with me. Three at the most, plus coils. Gold shooting & panning, coin shooting, relic hunting, water hunting, beach hunting, and I'm going to be going for various raw stones, gems, arrow heads, etc. So metal detecting is just a part of the entire scope of things.

VLF machines are making huge strides in recent years, options becoming available that will start to allow some of them to operate at PI capacity. (we're already seeing some of this in beach machines.) The companies that are aggressively pursuing these new advances are the ones I want to stay in touch with and I think Nokta is one of these companies. But I'm not 100% decided on anything yet. But i do think TH is correct, that Nokta will become a top competitor.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We were just contacted by Ray Mills and we will send him a test unit this week.

Thank You... Ray is a great choice to test and give an honest review of the Nokta Fors Gold. Hopefully you can put a FORS Gold in the hands of Steve Herschbach. Send him a PM and I am sure he would love to put a FORS Gold through a test. I did read on his forum where he mentioned the FORS.

Last edited by a moderator:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sounds like the shadow X5, only dif is fors operates at 15 Khz, X5 19Khz. great depth with the X5 to bad it's not in production, great muti-purpose

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AzV,
I sent Steve H. an email a while back and he was nice enough to offer his opinion on some machines and also some guidelines to use in making my selection/selections. And while he didn't specifically name Nokta - The Nokta machines do fall within those guidelines. Now we'll get to see if Mills confirms my suspicions. "Thanks Nokta!" :thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You... Ray is a great choice to test and give an honest review of the Nokta Fors Gold. Hopefully you can put a FORS Gold in the hands of Steve Herschbach. Send him a PM and I am sure he would love to put a FORS Gold through a test. I did read on his forum where he mentioned the FORS.

Sorry, we do not allow links to other treasure forums.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen and you know who you are. Keep it off our forums![emoji35]

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, quite the thread! I was contacted by Dilek at Nokta this morning about evaluating the Fors Gold and had to see what prompted that. I had not looked at this thread previously.

Thank you AzViper for the vote of confidence. I am sure everything californiagold has posted is true but I would be the very first person to tell anyone never put all your trust in a single opinion, even mine. You want to take an average of a dozen opinions, though you certainly can put more weight in the opinions of those whose word you have come to trust over time. I certainly have a short list of people that when they post, I read it and pay attention to every word.

That said never forget we all filter what we think about a detector through our our own needs, desires, and past experiences. The reality is VLF technology is well advanced and just about anyone with decent electronic skills can build a good one. The whole thing about VLF depth is a red herring as nothing has changed there since 1990. What matters is ergonomics, sound, feel, stability, ground handling capability, EMI resistance, accuracy of discrimination, and recovery time between targets. All these things directly impact your ability to pull targets out of the ground every bit as much as bench test depth comparisons. Given the advanced state of VLF metal detector technology these days, I mainly am looking for clean performance where a detector keeps its little speaker shut until it gets over a good target while still delivering depth. There are too many detectors these days pushing depth by also delivering lots of noise, then laying it all on me by telling me I need to train my ears to better discern good targets from bad. Frankly, I am getting tired of listening to the racket and so my new standard is "quiet performance".

Anyway, I tried to scare Dilek off by warning him I call it as I see it so we will see what develops. And guys, chill out! It's only metal detectors.

Last edited:

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all, a few guys on this thread mentioned detecting for gold with the F-75. I can give some first hand experience on that subject. I do not expect anyone to go out and buy a special coil that will work but if someone is interested then read on. Last year on a trip to Nevada one of my friends had brought the F-75 and the big black spider coil that comes with it. I don't remember the details, either it did not work or it was the only coil they had. Either way I suggested trying the ten inch elliptical coil from my F-19 or Gold Bug Pro. The coil connector matches up to the F-75. While I will be the first to say that Fisher Research Labs may not take to the idea, the coil worked and worked very well. The gold that was detected was sub-grain, not sub-gram, and was found just as easy with the F-75/ten inch as it would or could have been found with the GBII, Gold Bug Pro or the F-19. The conditions were hot white clay on shale and many sub-grainers were found at a few inches. The couple using this set-up are not new to gold detecting. In fact I even featured them in one of my articles in the ICMJ. If it works, it works. As far as using the F-75 with the black spider coil for gold...no, not for me. Thanks, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While I will be the first to say that Fisher Research Labs may not take to the idea, the coil worked and worked very well.

The 5" x 10" DD for F75 came out last December. For what it is worth, I found many ounces of gold with the stock coil on my F75. It may not hit as tiny a nugget as the smaller coils but it gets the depth on the larger plus gram stuff. That was before this new coil came out though, and I agree with Ray this would be a better prospecting coil on the F75, if for no other reason that it won't hang up in the brush.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello Steve, you made the same assumption that I did. Dilek is a woman. You are right, and I agree it is only metal detectors. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Steve and Ray. This is what I have been saying from the beginning, put the detector in a number of hands and let the chips fall good or bad. You can't improve any product without a voice. Californiagold this was never to discredit your findings of the FORS, but to get valued opinions of others.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of times it never hurts to pursue a question in open forums, this thread obviously helping to bring about something that is sorely needed. "More Nokta machine reviews" by trusted names in the US audience. :thumbsup: I'll be looking forward to those reviews.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my personal opinion but I like reviews from members like Californiagold who owns detector and hunts weekly..

Before I bought my Miata I searched through hundreds of owner reviews, I bought my Miata based on the owners reviews not the professional magazine reviews.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just my personal opinion but I like reviews from members like Californiagold who owns detector and hunts weekly..

Before I bought my Miata I searched through hundreds of owner reviews, I bought my Miata based on the owners reviews not the professional magazine reviews.

I agree, but Nokta is obviously new to America as you said and owners of the FORS is very few. Even at Nokta forums there is very little information posted by users of the FORS other than Californiagold and staff members of Nokta. Looked at other forums in Europe then language issues pop up, turned to Youtube same problem.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, but Nokta is obviously new to America as you said and owners of the FORS is very few. Even at Nokta forums there is very little information posted by users of the FORS other than Californiagold and staff members of Nokta. Looked at other forums in Europe then language issues pop up, turned to Youtube same problem.
I found quite a few.... More reviews there are by users the better it is for making decisions...

Nokta is new to states and i believe they will be a major player and I am glad. They are incorporating new innovated features in their detectors which should force others to do the same. I loved the vibration in the handle and the built in LED light...

I think we will see more new detectors coming out of Europe next year...

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
I use the fors core myself.It will find the smallest pieces of lead you can imagine.I can do a video showing how sens they are.If you take the time to contact Dilek..sHe will send a machine to have tested .I have dealt with Her and she is extremly pleasent .Im sure if one of your 'ultimate' testers took a minute and contacted dilek they would be happily surprised.I was thats for sure. P.S I can only compare lead targets..i have no gold in my area sorry.

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dilek is a stand up gal!

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello Treasure Hunter, I hope I can give you an honest review from someone who detects daily. "Just my personal opinion but I like reviews from members like Californiagold who owns detector and hunts weekly.." We will see what it does, I am anxious to get my hands on it. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread