Would the Nokta fors handle pickers?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still in the market for a good all around land machine, something that can handle relic hunting, coin shooting, and even picker hunting. If such a beast exist? I'm only going to have room for one land machine and a few coils so I need to to get the most bang for my buck. Already got the Excal and various coils for all of my water hunting.

Here's a link to the machine in question:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/b...-core-beach-review-new-detector-consider.html

Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been seeing some really awesome results from people with the FORS machine.
The Garrett ATX Extreme is another machine to consider.

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the fors core brother fors gold and it is a great subgrain gold detector. I never ran a core. But i see alot of people that hunt coin and relics in england, europe and back east. That say the core is awesome. I have velox one also and it is a great combo detector. And a great gold finder as well.

locater

Aug 13, 2013
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites GMT, BH Platinum w/ Fisher F5, 11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't mean to sound like a broken record Bigscoop, but, the Minelab Xterra 705 is a proven performer in ALL the areas you mention, including a dedicated prospecting mode. The ability to change frequencies (3khz, 7.5khz, and 18.75khz) with the change of a coil, makes it a formidable detector at a large variety of tasks.
The 3khz coils will give you the best detection for silver, copper, coins, etc., with good depth, while the 18.75khz coils will work best for smaller gold. The 7.5khz is a general detecting frequency many of the single freq. detectors use. It has a good selection of coils in both concentric and DD configurations. You really can effectively target most anything with it.
I see Minelab currently has some promotions going on, and you can probably get a pretty good deal. Give Bart a call at Big Boys Hobbies, if nothing else, he can give you some good information.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, whittling down the list of possibilities. The 705 is still on the list, for sure. Just checking out and then checking off as many as I can. May end up even going with two machines but I really want to avoid that if I can. Highly mineralized ground and hot rocks are my biggest concern because I just don't know where all I'll be hunting next year. Colorado for sure, Arizona and Nevada are looking very likely right now. California isn't out of the question. Just want to have a machine/coils that can handle most it when I get there, wherever that might be.

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fors gold will handle highly mineralized soil very well. Where i hunt the soil and rocks are the worst around. Can't even think about using any detector in all metal mode. I use boost mode on fors with sensitivity at 85. My velox handles it well too. Either one will snipe gold right out of the mineralization.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, been on the Notka site checking things out. Pretty impressed so far. Not heard or read anything bad about them.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been to the area where the Manzanita Mangler hunts and HOT AS HADES for sure. 90+% of units wouldn't even work there as TOUGH mineralization to gb in any way shape or form-John

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been to the area where the Manzanita Mangler hunts and HOT AS HADES for sure. 90+% of units wouldn't even work there as TOUGH mineralization to gb in any way shape or form-John

I'm thinking I'm going to have to have a specialty machine in the arsenal at some point.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If looking for small gold in hot nasty ground I would skip right over the VLF and go to a mid range PI( SDC, ATX or TDI SL) True some gold VLFs run a bit better then others in that stuff but not by much, you still have ground balance constantly and reduce the gain/sensitivity big time no matter what VLF. If I were working those conditions you describe, I would first hit it with my TDI SL / 7.5" mono coil then mop the area over again with the Gold Bug Pro to see what it could do, but thats just me.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at other post of Cal Golds on Notka Fors gold as you'll see the proof that crazy thang works and finds gold that even GB Pro won't find as side by side comparisons made already in numerous conditions. The thang is indeed interesting as Hungary is the EU hotspot for techie advances. Government,EU, spend many 100s a millions there creating a techie industry. John

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at other post of Cal Golds on Notka Fors gold as you'll see the proof that crazy thang works and finds gold that even GB Pro won't find as side by side comparisons made already in numerous conditions. The thang is indeed interesting as Hungary is the EU hotspot for techie advances. Government,EU, spend many 100s a millions there creating a techie industry. John

I'm leaning that way if I opt for a dedicated machine, which I think is probably likely and well advised. I may just end up getting 2 Notka machines before it's over with, one for general land use and one dedicated machine.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not to discredit Californiagold but I would like to see the Nokta Fors Gold tested and reviewed by a handful of testers and get an unbiased review. Even the Nokta forums the only person that has given much on posting of the Nokta Fors Gold is Californisgold and the staff of Nokta. The Youtube videos do nothing to sway me in purchasing the MD and most are in foreign tongue. I have yet to read any reviews by whom I hold to a higher standard to test and review a Nokta MD.

Nokta is now a supporter of the Treasure Net Forums so its without question they read these forums. Nokta, I and others would like to see the Nokta Fors Gold placed in the hands of Steve Herschbach, Chris Gholson, Steve Gholson, Rob Allison, Ray Mills to give an unbiased review of the Nokta Fors Gold. Let's see the ultimate tests and reviews.

Fors Gold.png

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I retract my post

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nokta, here are links to their websites and how to contact them. As I said we all would like to hear and see some real results. I am sure all these men would like to field test the Nokta Fors Gold.

Steve Herschbach - can be reached by PM in these forums by the name of Steve Herschbach

Chris Gholson - Steve Gholson,

Rob Allison

Ray Mill - Can be reached by PM in these forums by the name of Trinityau

Last edited by a moderator:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my F75 for all the hunts except gold. If you want a gold machine you have to buy one. All machines will do a little of everything, some just does it better. The T2 may even be a better machine if you stuck on hunting with a all in one machine.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fors core and seven years ago our fathers........

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What are the requirements of being one of the big name detectorist mentioned beforehand. Cause i hope to never be respected like that unbiased and all. Cause i'm guilty of being fisher biased and only get out gold detecting over 100 times a year. Can't recall this 75 days this year of not finding any gold. Guess me and my shehunter are damn lucky. Glad we didn't stay in the stoneage and not try some new tech. Whether it was the sef coils or nel coils for our goldbugs. The awesome velox one. Or our new forsgold from kellyco. Somehow these tools increased our luck. We weren't lucky enough to have a big name detectorist teach us. We had only our detectors to show us what they can do. And lots of research and geology. And the occasional tip from the hoser. Who is never self gratifying. Just good people.
We should always care for the little guys. . Such as in war, why would we only care about the big names. General mccarrthur. General patton and such. I'd rather believe in the real big shots like my grandpa and the hero soldiers that fought and died for the big names. As for prospecting gear. Try it your self, believe what you think of it. Get in on the ground floor.
I know what my gear can do, cause i was biased to certain brands, so i gave new things a try and they proved themselves. And now i'm glad i gave the gear a try. Just more tools that will help me someday be successful. And yes fors gold did find more gold today in the short hunt we went on. Also ran very well the horrible mineralization on 85 sens. .1 dwt, .4 dwt and .5 dwt. For forsgold today.
Have some confidence in your opinon and go out and get some new tech , don't wait for the big shots to say it's ok. Your a gold prospector aswell. But don't take it from me the noname, who consistently finds gold with my new tech for years now offline.
Ps. Maybe we should all go buy a american made chevy with a bad ignition. Instead of trying something foreign like nokta minelab or such.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread