XP DEUS for nugget detecting

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a version 3.2 XP DEUS on the way to evaluate as a nugget detector using the Gold Fields program added in version 3.0. The Deus is an expensive choice with many features not required for nugget detecting, but for those otherwise interested in owning one to use for more than just nugget detecting it may be an option. Anyway, I will offer some impressions at some point, though any detailed write-ups will probably be reserved for my website.

I am intrigued by the ability to adjust parameters not available in the often simpler dedicated nugget detectors. That can be good or bad as too many options can get people into trouble if not fully understood and used properly. The GPX 5000 comes to mind there. I lean towards as much control as possible myself, however, as that offers an edge for extreme situations. The ability to change frequencies with the push of a button is not unique to the Deus but it is just one of several advanced features the machine offers that may be of use in a nugget detecting scenario. The unit is noted for its ability to pull non-ferrous targets out of trash heaps so it may be very useful around old camp sites, that, often as not, were located right on some of the best gold bearing locations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Ron. It will be fun and informative. At my age I am still a kid who likes to play with new toys. I really like my prospecting but I also just like getting eyeball deep in the latest metal detecting technology has to offer. Competition is heating up rapidly worldwide and it appears the US manufacturers are now going to be facing serious competition from not just one but numerous overseas companies. It can do nothing but benefit us end users.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen as variety is the spice a life and new technologies abound. Wait till ya get to play with a Notka Fors as many new european folks getting into the game. I like the new toys for us older boys as never enough-John

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Steve, your purchasing and sharing the details of use for such top notch equipment is invaluable for those of us who can only dream of such things. Best of success with all of them!.....................63bkpkr

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freebies sent to many now. Deus old history as out for over 1 1/2 years now and fully tested. In some areas better but older model much less convaluted. California Gold just found more with his old unit in pounded ground that kills most--Tiny gold at 10" rocks,but newer model????John

Attachments

• 100_3032.jpg
    100_3032.jpg
    952.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
OP
OP
Steve Herschbach

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually the Deus is continually being updated since it one of the only detectors that can download and install new software. The Gold Field program is a relatively new addition and far from fully tested in the field. If you know otherwise John please point me in the direction of all the reviews.

Anyway, let's keep this thread about the Deus and put posts about the Nokta on that thread. This is not a competition between the two detectors so no need to talk one down to promote the other.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Miners Cache here in Redding has a Deus for sale, its a very interested detector and for the tech savvy guy that wants to stay ahead of the game, very handy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread