Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought I would share a few pics from my claim this year. One of the mountains started to look more and more like a naked woman, the longer I stayed away up there.

woman mountain.jpg more bedrock.gif down the creek.gif up the creek.jpg metal detecting & panning on claim 2.jpg Claim Bedrock. .gif gold on scales 2.gif 2014 placer gold 1.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great photos and gold - Congratulations! :occasion14:

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice photos and some good looking gold also.
Don't get to close to those 2 hills either.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey PG,
Nice pictures. Most of what is shown has few trees so I would guess the low shrubs are a bit tough to get through, all grown together. Nice looking gold and water and the ATV looks kinda tiny with that orange bucket in the foreground. Thank you for the look see around your spot!.............63bkpkr

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing as it sure is beautiful up there and nice gold you're finding.

Country reminds me of my time spent (many years ago now) up the Stewart - Cassiar hwy in and around the Atlin area and also south of Iskut is a road they call the Jade Road which heads east ( heading north) off the hwy around 80 miles in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good observations 63bkpkr. This claim is right on the edge of the tree line (high altitude). One interesting thing that I noticed is spruce and some other trees will grow right on top of where there is water, but it will be almost barren where there is no flow. A really good tool for finding old streams. At this elevation, the dominant tree is buck brush birch, which is like swamp willow down south. They grow very close together to a height of 5'-10' and then the snow flattens the branches and they intertwine. From the distance, it looks like an easy hike, but it can be downright awful to struggle through.

The ATV was from a caribou hunter. He filled his tag about 500 yards from where he parked on a young bull that was bedded down on the side of the mountain. From the same creek, a few miles below, they got a 78 oz nugget around 1930. It sure would be nice to find its brother.

This was my first year with this claim, so I am still in the "explore & sample" stage. I cannot wait to get back.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The brush situation is about what I'd anticipated, low, thick and intertwined and walking on top of it is possibly the only way to get through/across it. I've needed to do this twice in my life, walk on top of Manzanita, with any luck there will not be a third time. A 'long' hiking staff is a big help during a crossing on top of the bushes, as the staff becomes a third leg.

Finding the big or little brother to that 1930's nugget would be a real pleasure! Best of success with your claim!..................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread