morning hunt with fors gold

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hello everyone

ive been busy big game huntin for deer last few weeks. havent had time to go detecting, but made it out this morning near redding for 2 hours before had to get some work done.
went to a place that i wanted to try for awhile. i have access to all the old california placer mining records, so i have alot of places that i will get to in the next few seasons.
anyways had a cup of coffee with landowner then hit the gulch. this place is alot less mineralized, so i was hunting in general mode( all metal) right away in 30 seconds found my first piece. down several inches. then another and another. quickly had 13 pieces. i checked all the signals with goldbug pro and could only hear 4 of the pieces. while i was detecting i noticed alot of places someone else dug targets, they must of not had a fors gold because most pieces were real close to their dig holes but deeper. the landowner has never given permission to anyone before and he said people have been tresspassing alot. i would have liked to seen what they found. and show them what they missed and fors gold scooped up. wished i

ForumRunner_20141016_200027.png

could have stayed longer but fors gold walked away with 5.1 dwt.
have more deer hunting to do next couple weeks but will be back soon with more fors gold finds.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
forgot to mention, sorry about picture my samsung cell phone dont take clear closeup pics only group shots. my gopro camera/video cam is getting repaired, has moisture inside lens. supossed to be waterproof? hope it wont take long to get it back.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cal Gold and Nugget Slayer leave no tags unfilled. Bummer over stinkn' highgraders though as private property around here is not private any longer. Between the thieves and homeless it's a race to be sure. Thanx for email CG as made my early am today-John

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks steve and john. actually i was born in a hunting family, so hunting everything was in my blood. but now that im older i dont hunt anything anymore but deer and gold. if it wasnt for my wife, i propably wouldnt hunt deer. she loves it. there is not many animals left these days so feel bad shooting them. gold hunting is better. nothing has to die. they are similar in the hunting aspect. you have to research areas, scout around, then hunt. best luck to all

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were did you buy your fors? Have you seen many bucks? I used to hunt up past hobo gulch and there used to be a fair amount a bucks up there. Good Job on the gold!

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you can buy fors gold detectors online in florida. not sure if im suppose to mention the vender on here. we were drawed deer tags for x6a in plumas/ lassen co. allready tagged out there and b zone. wife still has b tag to fill. i havent been to hobo in a longtime. but i heard the camp there has tweakers staying there and bad people. same as most trinity communities. i dont go anywhere in trinity without my .45 crazy people up there. if u go deer or gold huntin good luck!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco sells them and they are supporting vendor so you can say the name and post the Web link just like any supporting vendor...

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome gold there. :)

I haven't seen too many deer this year, unless you drive through French Gulch that is, lol.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CG finally had time to download pics of last fors run. I detected this new bridge construction site prior with my ol' trusty duo GB2 and TLST and got squat aka SKUNKED hahaha. So I decided to recheck with something different. The Notka on normal mode turned up zip also BUT retried on vibrate and viola 5 miniscule THIN as tissue almost dinks. Total weight was less than 3/4 gram. I hate to admit it but had to use a steel brush to find them lil'devils as standing straight up in the crack,no signal n to s but tiny vibration e to w check. The vibration mode does not have a threshhold to overcome and I'm really getting the feeling it may be a bit more sensitive to teenie tiny hard to find gold. Truth be told I couldn't even see the things as down in thin crack, the red on the biggest one (along with a hand held magnifier hahaha) finally found them little dinks. Anyhow hope them tags filled and butcher work done so fun time can resume. John

Attachments

• DSCN1048.JPG
    DSCN1048.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 168
  • DSCN1053.JPG
    DSCN1053.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 126

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An interesting observation about vibration mode John, thanks. It looks like you were hitting edge on for the nuggets as well ;) Maybe the luck of the sweep kept you from hitting in audio mode.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice gold John, and it's great to hear how that vibration mode works.
The more I read about the Fors unit the more I believe that detecting
for the deaf is now possible.

DSCN1048-2.jpg

Gotta wonder if they might put vibrating pads on 3 different spots
on the hand grip, and then you would have vibrating sensors for low,
medium and high tone targets in discrimination. Depending where
on your hand it vibrates the user will know whether the target gives
a good or bad signal before they dig.

Think I need to write Nokta a letter...hope they read English!

Last edited:

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold John, and it's great to hear how that vibration mode works.
The more I read about the Fors unit the more I believe that detecting
for the deaf is now possible.

View attachment 1069001

Gotta wonder if they might put vibrating pads on 3 different spots
on the hand grip, and then you would have vibrating sensors for low,
medium and high tone targets in discrimination. Depending where
on your hand it vibrates the user will know whether the target gives
a good or bad signal before they dig.

Think I need to write Nokta a letter...hope they read English!

Hello! We are following all the posts on this forum regarding our detectors. We will definitely share your feedback with our engineers.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I NEVER ever thought any detector would have the capability to meet or even beat my old golden standard GB2 with the tiny coil but alas it does seem that it has finally(10+ years) been beaten. Since you appear to watch(now that's a first) could you please make the coil covers thicker?? On manual GB mode the digital adjustment jumps quite a bit when adjusted-perhaps a smaller increment would help in fine adjustment to ground balancing. Example at say-6 not gb but at 7 over balanced. finer graduations would be nice. An extra long cord to chest mount or hip mount the control box off the pole extends the usage time immensely also. The light is fantastic bright and sure helps on a cloudy day to find nuggets and hunting at night from such a tiny light is amazing. Nice to see a manufacturer respond to customer feedback. I've sold detectors in years past for almost all makes and seen a few go under because their engineers thought they were infailable and we can all learn from each other. Many thanks to Cal Gold and most intriguing Notka-John

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a few minutes today to try one of my old used up patches. Found 1 little .2 dwt. You always think you found it all; but there is always somethin left. Fors gold did very well again. Have to try a few more old patches with it and see whats there. But have brand new sites to get to here real quick.

ForumRunner_20141030_202350.png

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I NEVER ever thought any detector would have the capability to meet or even beat my old golden standard GB2 with the tiny coil but alas it does seem that it has finally(10+ years) been beaten. Since you appear to watch(now that's a first) could you please make the coil covers thicker?? On manual GB mode the digital adjustment jumps quite a bit when adjusted-perhaps a smaller increment would help in fine adjustment to ground balancing. Example at say-6 not gb but at 7 over balanced. finer graduations would be nice. An extra long cord to chest mount or hip mount the control box off the pole extends the usage time immensely also. The light is fantastic bright and sure helps on a cloudy day to find nuggets and hunting at night from such a tiny light is amazing. Nice to see a manufacturer respond to customer feedback. I've sold detectors in years past for almost all makes and seen a few go under because their engineers thought they were infailable and we can all learn from each other. Many thanks to Cal Gold and most intriguing Notka-John

Hello and we thank you for all the feedback. I will share all with my team. Regarding GB - There is actually fine adjustment in manual GB. Manual ground balance ranges from 0-99. However each number includes 5 steps used for fine tuning and these steps are shown on the LCD panel over the /// (ground tracking) symbol and in multiples of 20. For example; you can set the GB to 60.20. To increase the ground balance setting, press the up switch and to decrease it, press the down switch. If you press the switch one by one, the values will change one by one as well. If you hold the switch pressed, the values will change rapidly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread