Show Me Your Wheels

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get good use from lil GMC Sonoma. Its a S10 but it has given me good service. I Keep a jack, shovel, chain, tow strap, and come a long in it when off road. Only been stuck once. If I had my druthers, I would go with a jeep. The S10 is small enough to get into places you wouldnt take a full size truck.

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's raining and I'm up by mineral bar in the back of my 4x4 97 4Runner, with 31" tires. I have the back seats layed down, and a camper frame, about 1 foot high that my dad and I made this week (about 6' long, 4' wide) that a mattress is on top of, and all my equipment is underneath. As comfy as my bed at home

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waiting for the rain to stop so I can go find gold! Lightning should be starting soon... Don't wanna get hit

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414259991.714208.jpg just took it for ya :) 2 will sleep very comfortably

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been looking around myself for an econo rig for mining trips and boonie romping. Love my 3/4 ton Chevy but es muy expencio driving all over he'll and back and I'm tired of beating it up. Been looking at- Toyota straight axle, fuel injected 4x4 trucks- hard to find. Or 1990's era Jeep Cherokee sport body (boxy) w/ 4.0 Inline six (bullet proof motor). Late 80's early 90's Isuzu Amigo- fun little rig good wheeler Toyota made them. Maybe a Suzuki Samurai but it would have to be really clean as most are beat to shite. Few others along those lines. Used to have CJ' s and Landcruisers but there just to darn expensive, small, and uncomfy anymore. Durability, reliability, and good gas mileage all else negotiable and optional.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I just purchased an Astro van with low miles and a V6 thinking I'd simply pull a trailer and 4-wheeler but now I'm not sure that is the right plan. At present I'll probably do about 8000 miles round trip next year so I was shooting for highway comfort, gear, and economy. But now I'm reconsidering since putting another axle on the road (trailer) might not be the smart move. So I just don't know....but still have time to change directions if I can come up with a better solution.

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't take a trailer cause most of the time, you have to pay camping fees with a trailer. In my 4Runner, I can just sleep in it

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep the van, just pull all out all the seats except the front ones

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep the van, just pull all out all the seats except the front ones

Already done all that, installed a bed on a raised storage box, repositioned one of the captains chairs to the back and getting ready to add a pedestal and table. Then I plant to screen the tip-out windows and add curtains all around. I have it in the shop now getting all the mechanical stuff inspected and serviced. When I get it back I'll post some picks.

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good man!! That's what I'd do. Or figure out how to put in a toilet! Lolol

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

goldchaser3

Jun 21, 2010
A 4Runner would be my first choice. I did a bunch of research recently and wanted one but couldn't afford it. So I bought a Forester instead. I've been all over in my Honda Pilot 4WD. Just wanted something with skid plates since I drug my pilot once. I'm going to order some after-market skid plates for my Forester and have a lot of confidence it can go anywhere I want.

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This 4Runner has survived an awful lot. Great vehicles man! But I like Subaru also!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2004 Nissan frontier 4x4 before that 1969 vw Baja.I can fix anything on the Baja.........I havn't had to fix any thing on my Nissan.......p.s. Bill you own a boat ...I didn't know that......:occasion14:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
94 SR5, mountain goat, sorry i sold it, now have the F-250 with the 6.0 and shell, it's a beast sleeps great

Attachments

• 94toyodredge.jpg
    94toyodredge.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread