Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heya everyone;

I received my Nokta FORs Gold Pro Package last week but thanks to a nasty cold I didn't do the unboxing until yesterday.
I wanted to be able to speak clearly in my video which is why I waited, I also resisted the urge to open it up beforehand. :)

My video is an unboxing video which is very popular in the electronic gizmo world but is not done too much with prospecting equipment, so I decided to start doing that with all the new gear that I buy.

I also received the RS Pinpointer but it does NOT come in the Pro Package, it was shipped inside to save in shipping costs and this may not be a typical shipping method if you purchase the two together.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

I will have more video's coming up of the FORs Gold and the RS Pinpointer.

Thanks. :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Okay man :) I actually go up by auburn every weekend for prospecting. Maybe I'll have to try up by you sometime!

Sounds great, just throw me a message when you know when and I can show you a few good spots around here.

Well i will be watching for the video of your Fors hunt ….. Hope it goes well ...

Thanks, they will come soon. :)
Tomorrow I am going to an area that I talked about a little bit in another thread.
Its on the Fishermen's Trail on Keswick, its an old workings area where they were following pocket gold in HEAVILY mineralized Orange/Red clayish soil, there is almost an old home site there that is just a stone foundation now. My Gold Bug 2 hated it and pretty much toned everything out just to keep it from going crazy.

I just knew I wasn't the only MMA fan around...:occasion14:

Got my own sights set on a FORS Gold Pro Package. Gonna
take a bit to save up, but it'll be well worth the wait. Haven't
heard of any others in that price range that are comparable
in performance.

Yup! A friend is treating me, we were both in Japanese style Martial arts about 10 years ago (ShudoKan and Shotokan.)
Its been a really long time since I actually went somewhere like this.

That's awesome that you are going to get the FORs Gold too, the Pro Package really is the way to go too.
I think once more video's come out that people will see what an awesome machine it is.

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great video NeoTokyo, you did a really nice presentation, and a very informative narrative. I'm equally curious about this intriguing new detector and will be looking forward to / and following your every word. Thanks again, and good luck on your first outing with it. :icon_thumleft:

Jim.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you, I'm glad that you enjoyed it. :)
I thought it was a bit long but I found another YouTuber unboxing the FORs CoRe tonight and his video was only 8 seconds shorter than mine, so I guess I was right around the ballpark. :)

When my youngest daughter started screaming about the spider it distracted me quite a bit, and this was a 1 take kinda deal because I wanted it to be a true first unboxing.
So with a little pause and a caption at the top I continued. heh

The build quality of the FORS Gold is very rugged and sturdy, this is exactly what I would expect from a $1000 dollar machine, or in this case a $1400 dollar package. In fact its a bit more, my Gold Bug 2 is plastic and almost as much!

I only have one suggestion for this machine at this time which is to make the Coil Protector thicker.
I noticed the same comment in the other guys review of the CoRe.
But that's a very very VERY small thing and is easily solved but just buying more coil protectors.

Ok, I am heading off to bed, I have a big day of detecting tomorrow. :)

-Eric-

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Be safe - have an amazing hunt!

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a favor to ask everyone who watches, please log into your youtube account and give my video a thumbs up. :D
If you have a channel that you would like to share, link it up in here and I will return the favor. :)

So I finally got to get out and go hunting today. WOW this is a badass machine!
The VDI is so easy to use that I pretty much only dug lead today with a little brass. IF there were gold targets where I was swinging I would have found them.
I was using the 11.2"x7" coil and I was finding tiny bits of lead (half of a .22 short) with great ease. They always sounded off really nice and clear.

I did bring my GoPro with me but I want to upload a video with a good find.

I also did an unboxing of the RS Pinpointer.

I have to say that this little pinpointer is quite the time saver and is VERY sensitive.
It has 4 different sensitivity settings and of course Vibration mode.
If you have decent hearing still, vibration mode is very much audible and a nice way not to make a bunch of noise.

The pinpointer unboxing will be up sometime tomorrow.

I should be heading out to Swasey Recreation area tomorrow, so if your out that way just look for the big guy with the Fors Gold. :)

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
T.L. , don't be discouraged with the MXT. I was and sold it. Steve Hershback gave it great reviews on his site. Will use my Nokta first of Dec. Can't wait to see your videos Neo.

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am keeping the MXT for sure, I'll just throw the big coil on and use it for the deeper stuff, and use the GMT for the tiny stuff :) I dont like the idea of selling any of my detectors... I'd rather have a big collection ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions