I will eat your gold

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By Turkey Day I will have (hopefully) an SDC-2300. With it I plan to clean up all your favorite patches, finding everything your weaker technology missed!!

Are you angry yet?

OK, maybe I don't exactly know where your favorite patches are. But be on notice. If you have found gold somewhere before, and if the ground was highly mineralized and/or if there was significant EMI, then don't tell me where it was, because this new detector will EAT what you missed!m - Or so I have been convinced by what I have read.

Gosh, that was ugly, wasn't it. But you know what, it seems likely that there is a grain of truth in it. It seems that the SDC will find flocks of small (and maybe not so small) nuggets in places where prior technology has failed to detect small or porous gold.

Check back in 30 days to find out if I have gold or bull s**t.

Upvote 0

sgt tee

Dec 2, 2014
N.E.Pa.
Detector(s) used
1.Whites XLT

2.Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is some gold around PA, but in my limited digging, all I got were some colors, while bow hunting in the hills on state land outside Tioga/Lawrenceville. Might be a place for nuggets, but not where I looked. It has been a while since I have been down.

sgt tee

Dec 2, 2014
N.E.Pa.
Detector(s) used
1.Whites XLT

2.Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the heads up. I live in Schuykill county, around 30 miles south of Wilkesbarre. I will check it out though

OP
OP
Rick K

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update on my SDC-2300 - it turns out that sounding out when brushed over green plants is a fault. According to Minelab Customer Service, it affects a small number of units. They asked me to send mine back and they would ship me a new one.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
wow, that's crazy!

I wonder if that makes it a little hotter of a machine. :icon_scratch:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok the 30 days is almost up and the machine is in the shop? Hope you get it fixed soon.What is your tally so far?
Good luck

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick K

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My gold is still sleeping in the bosom of the desert! That sounds so much better than I got skunked!

hope to have a new shot at it in a week or two when ML sends me a new machine. Mine left here yesterday.

AZADAM

Jun 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 more days...........Starting to look like bullshit

OP
OP
Rick K

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Adam,

bullshit is such an ugly word. Fair is fair however, and I said myself - 30 days and gold or bullshit. Thereis no gold.

It turns out I struck gold of a sort. After Christmas, I head for Abu Dhabi for three months to do some work for the company that I worked for before I retired. I doubt I will have time to get out before I leave with the new SDC-2300 ML will be sending me.

There is definitely no gold in the UAE, except in the gold market so no use for the SDC.There are meteorites however. For those all you need is good eyes. You hunt on light colored carbonate gravel plains and everything dark colored is either a meteorite, camel poop or a rusty tin can!

As far as the SDC goes, it seems to be significantly more sensitive to really small nuggets and porous gold than any other PI detector. Now of it just costs half what it does!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just go out and find some the old fashioned way, shovel and a pan. :)

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lanny - thanks for the great idea. I will get one of those side packs for the GPX. I will be much happier if I can avoid having to put on/off the webbing.

Rick K - The nuggets will be waiting for you and your SDC when you return. Abu Dhabi sounds like an adventure and a three month contract there is outstanding. When you are not working, I bet you find more camel dung than meteorites. Don't offer to eat that. hahaha

OP
OP
Rick K

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I expect camel dung tastes pretty lousy. Camel meat on the other hand is fine. Unremarkable, just tastes like meat. Camel milk is also OK, a bit sweeter than most cows milk.

And just for the record, i never actually offered to EAT the bull droppings, just (metaphorically) to eat the gold.

as far as my SDC- it's for sale locally on Craigslist, new in box for $2900. PM me if you are interested, I leave the 27th.

I will spend a bit of my limited free time checking on the forums and if I find lost treasure, expect no report until I'm safely home!

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am surely tempted. It would be a no brainer, except for Canada Customs.

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Adam,

bullshit is such an ugly word. Fair is fair however, and I said myself - 30 days and gold or bullshit. Thereis no gold.

It turns out I struck gold of a sort. After Christmas, I head for Abu Dhabi for three months to do some work for the company that I worked for before I retired. I doubt I will have time to get out before I leave with the new SDC-2300 ML will be sending me.

There is definitely no gold in the UAE, except in the gold market so no use for the SDC.There are meteorites however. For those all you need is good eyes. You hunt on light colored carbonate gravel plains and everything dark colored is either a meteorite, camel poop or a rusty tin can!

As far as the SDC goes, it seems to be significantly more sensitive to really small nuggets and porous gold than any other PI detector. Now of it just costs half what it does!

Camel poo? Ewwwww.

OP
OP
Rick K

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, back from Abu Dhabi for five weeks now. Long days and 6 day work weeks meant I did nothing interesting while I was there.

back home, I found a local,buyer for the SDC and got an impossibbly good deal on 2 brand new detectors, an F75 with DSP and an F19. Of the two I will keep the F75 - i'm a sucker for depth - and the F19 is on Craigslist.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, back from Abu Dhabi for five weeks now. Long days and 6 day work weeks meant I did nothing interesting while I was there.

back home, I found a local,buyer for the SDC and got an impossibbly good deal on 2 brand new detectors, an F75 with DSP and an F19. Of the two I will keep the F75 - i'm a sucker for depth - and the F19 is on Craigslist.

Do you mean that you have been back for 5 weeks or you have 5 weeks before you have to return to Abu Dhabi? If the former and you are done in Abu Dhabi, are you going to take on the original challenge? If so, starting now, you have a month to eat the Gold!!:tongue3: Better get to Nugget shooting.

Frank

OP
OP
Rick K

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm home and the first thing I did was sell the SDC2300! It's too hot already to detect much in our area and we will be gome most of the summer.

my basic problem with gold is that I just don't like it enough to do the work required to find it. I prefer history to shiny metal lumps. Even when it comes to gold, I like jewelry better than nuggets.

So no nuggets will be eaten, although a good deal of crow might be on the menu!!

summer plans include a month in Norway (with detector) and hopefully a trip to South Dakota and Nebraska to detect U.S. Army frontier sites with a neighbor who has access to thousands of acres of ranchland.

maybe next winter for the gold. I'm keeping my Gold Bug 2 and F-75 and might get another TDI if I find a good deal on one in the fall.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Rick - you have things figured out - know thyself, and get the right detector. It sure sounds like you have a wonderful summer planned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread