Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was making reference to the fact people are selling their GPX units to get funds up to pay for the new GPZ. Considering the price tag of 10 grand and a possible sale of a GPX being in the 5000 dollar range *with accessories* one could think of the sale as a 50% off coupon towards the purchase of the GPZ~ And the follow on is that for people who do sell their old units it may be enough justification to pickup the GPZ considering the price tag.
Not a well thought statement. My apologies as my thoughts floated away from my own justifications and thought of others.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just bought a gpx, and go figure this is released now. But the way I look at it is, can I find enough to justify the cost of a machine? I've paid off my past machines, but the hunting is getting harder it would take a ton of relics to pay off one of these at 10k, wouldn't be worth it. I don't think ill find enough to pay off the gpx.

I don't sell anything I find anyway, but that's how I view it.

10k is too much, but I'd sure have some fun.

OP
OP
DDancer

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out Miners Den :) They have released a video.

It explains some things and I was wrong on how the coil is set up but the basic operation is what I'd expected. Maybe Steve H. will say a few more things now :)

Hehh :) Having fun is justification all by itself so no worries.

OP
OP
DDancer

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahh :) That was quick of ya Steve. Thanks.
Checked out another forum and their cracking wise about it but they are excited. I don't feel bad about being wrong on the coil~ its not chipped and the configuration is different but falls in line with the prediction. So how does it handle?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing they left out was the price!

The thing that scares ALMOST as much as the reported cost, is the fact that this comes with the harness, and extra J-strut, and a swing arm. That just screams "this is too heavy for everyone". Not sure why I care since I will never pay that much for one.

OP
OP
DDancer

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of the ML detectors are light when your on the goldfields and I've seen plenty of popeye arms out there. Heck there were times I wish I had a swing arm~ especially in brush and spinefix or on slopes. Its fun to watch the little old ladies bash the bush too :) and even more fun at the campfire yarning with them. So weight? It does not appear any heavier than the rest.... and no bloody battery on your arse. But as to batteries... well I'd have to pack a power pack anyhow... I spend more than 8 hours out but that's no problem either... newer packs are not nearly as heavy as a NiCad or Lead anchor....

Wireless is good to especially when your training. Only concern there is the other bloke behind the bushes listening in ;) *that'd be me* I used a wireless set up last go and it was great. Combined with a Pocket Rocket I could take the whole unit off and set it aside.... it cut down on the pinging of my pick nicely. Besides fly nets are better without the little gap a wired headphone leaves so the buggers can get up in your face.

On board GPS.... well that's fine to. But I'll still pack a spare. Last thing I need is to accidently go off reservation, mark a location and have the mine police say "Oh so that's where ya been." just by pulling up the detectors menu.

Now how about coils. Hear that there are an 11 and 20 inch for it. Hopefully not 5 grand each....

Last edited:
OP
OP
DDancer

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up in the Brands forum under Minelab Fort Bedford points the way to the user manual. Interesting read and it just makes things better.

First ship date here in the US looks to be mid March.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
None of the ML detectors are light when your on the goldfields and I've seen plenty of popeye arms out there.

Everyone in this town swings a minelab, but they use their "Popeye arms" for other things too. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions