Upvote 0

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The confidentiality end date on the user handbook is 28 December 2014. Christmas will be late I guess!

Remember, the management of Codan (the parent company) has publicly stated that this new super detector is based on totally new technology. The GPX-5000 is being bundled with the SDC-2300 at a MAP of just over $7000. With the usual negotiation, you could end up with the pair for a little over $3000 each! Looks like they really want to get rid of existing GPX-5000 stocks.

OP
OP
DDancer

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks GoldCTX.

I found it to be some interesting reading last night. Apparently the new unit will be wireless capable. Some of the frequencies noted in the EMI testing are pretty darn high for a detection unit~ upto 18Ghz. Might as well call it ground penetrating radar ;) though I doubt it'll have imaging capabilities. There was some speculation on sizeing and depth which maybe possible depending on the math.
Irregardless of how ML is flogging off its stock I'm more interested in the workings of the unit and its potential new features. True the price tag will probably be matched by its model number however in the right hands and in the right area I gotta wonder about this ground scanner. Will we still be able to call it a metal detector?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the frequencies noted in the EMI testing are pretty darn high for a detection unit~ upto 18Ghz. Might as well call it ground penetrating radar ;)

I can't tell from the report if that 18Ghz was an emitted frequency or a harmonic frequency.

I agree that given Minelab's past, the 7000 model number will probably also be it's price point. Maybe they have found a way to compare signals to give a solid ID to gold. We have always said that if a company to could produce a detector like that, they could charge $10K and not be able to produce enough to meet the demand.

OP
OP
DDancer

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a bad though ;) Rechecked the crystal freq's.

Last edited:

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll keep using my SD2100 V-2 till it dies. Still finds gold just fine for me. Someday I will have to upgrade I'm sure. Not in any hurry to go into debt to maybe find a couple pieces of gold I might be missing. By then somebody will be selling their good old Minelab cheaper and I'll be more than happy to take it off their hands. Dennis

AZADAM

Jun 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea Dennis, plus just adding a different coil can be a game changer when going over spots you have already detected. Hard to believe that you would be missing so much gold that it would pay for that 6K detector, maybe over a long period of time.. I love to see the new technology however and cant wait to try a super detector some day. Maybe I will change my tune :dontknow:

OP
OP
DDancer

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hehh, my old 3000 did plenty of damage in "hunted out" spots. 5000's were the cats meow in ozzies patches. Depends on the user is my say. I am following the bread crumbs on this one. Can it be real? Coils are a change out no matter what you detect and as equipment goes a mandatory change if you want to find what your looking for. Thoughts.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not too much longer now and we should know everything that we need to know about this new machine. :)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe, maybe not. Remember the CTX release.... They trickled out info for months and didn't reveal the sticker price until right before it went on sale (even though a few sources leaked it out)

GoldCTX

Nov 26, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
GPX-4500
CTX-3030
Macro Gold Racer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is this a Photo of the… The Minelab Jupiter GPZ-7000 ?????

I found this Photo on an Australian MD link today…. Looks like this could very well be Minelabs next Gold Machine….

1415833032_ml_detector.jpg
(Click on photo for large image)

Is this the… The Minelab Jupiter GPZ-7000 ? ? ? ?

What ever it is …. it is a very cool looking detector ~ I never seen anything like it before….

Next question: Can it find gold 100X better than the GPX-5000? Will it detect what is trash and what is really Au and what is lead? = all Yet TBD….

Gerard

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this Photo on an Australian MD link today…. Looks like this could very well be Minelabs next Gold Machine….

View attachment 1088090
(Click on photo for large image)

Is this the… The Minelab Jupiter GPZ-7000 ? ? ? ?

What ever it is …. it is a very cool looking detector ~ I never seen anything like it before….

Next question: Can it find gold 100X better than the GPX-5000? Will it detect what is trash and what is really Au and what is lead? = all Yet TBD….

Gerard

That picture is of one of their counter-mine detectors that have been around for years.

GoldCTX

Nov 26, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
GPX-4500
CTX-3030
Macro Gold Racer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
UPDATE = Photo above is "NOT" the Jupiter GPZ-7000 ~ The photo above is a "Land-mine Detector".

Jason > I was just informed by @beatup & RenoChris > The Detector in the photo is in fact a "Land-mine Detector". So apparently it isn't the latest greatest gold machine… aka: the "Jupiter GPZ-7000.

The one in the photo kind of looks similar to a Garrett ATX Extreme. I had thought I had stumbled on to something really cool when I saw the photo…. But, I had never seen a Minelab "Land Mine Detector" before… So as it turns out…. My Mistake everyone!!! ~ Sorry for the "False Alarm" I guess we will all have to wait and see the the Jupiter looks like on… December 28th.

till then…. The best news is…
That lots of Rain & Snow is again falling in the Sierra's = Filling up all the Almost Empty Lakes & Streams !!!

Merry Christmas to everyone…

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
even though its an older picture, it could still be the platform they stuff the new detector into. Garrett did the same thing with their newest machine.

cobill

Jul 24, 2007
Laporte, CO
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 6000 and 5000, EQ-800, AQ Limited, GBII, AT PRO, Keene 3" 2 1/2" ,2" and Dahlke 4" dredge.
Guys, read the middle of page 4 and it shows a comparison of the GPZ-7000 and GPX-5000:

(removed by mod, no hot links to competing forums allowed)

Start saving your money.:notworthy:

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys, read the middle of page 4 and it shows a comparison of the GPZ-7000 and GPX-5000:

(Removed by mod)

Start saving your money.:notworthy:

Bill

Nice site link!

"Hello Mr Duck.Thank you for keeping this new Minelab detector in the spotlight once more.
Yes you are right, it’s not far away from release, it maybe next month or possibly as late as March next year, but more likely it will be sooner than later.
What most people find hard to grasp, is that we are all talking about 2 detectors for release; this first one that’s imminent is a complete revamp of the old PI platform. Think of it as a 30/30 set up as a GPX, but much more simplified with few timings to worry and ponder over, a 14inch coil with a lead up the inside of the shaft, all water resistant like its 30/30 clone. Even a GPS to play with, and more.
Don’t get too excited though, because the 5000 does still beat it on depth, so if you think about it, why on Earth would Minelab make it to outdo their current Flagship. Lots more 5000 sales are still needed, right up until their new beaut latest novel/innovative tech, blow your socks off version appears in another 12 months time, I have heard this one will blow your bank account away as well.
So if you are looking for a new toy now for Xmas, this mid range detector could be for you. Or you can save all your dollars for the next 12 months and get the new super deep gold wonder machine.
We will all be rich in the near future. You can bet on it. tongue
Cheers Ozzie."

I believe this is referencing the SD2300 as the new model not as good as the 5000, and the GPZ-7000 as the new flagship. OR the 7000 is the new guy and something WAY better is coming in another year.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice find! Where did you score those pics?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread