Bit of info on the possible New Minelab~ GPZ 7000, Jupiter
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Bit of info on the possible New Minelab~ GPZ 7000, Jupiter

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2014
    Traveling US to work
    Current Whites DFX Past Garret GTI 2500 and others Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000 Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
    1661 times
    Metal Detecting

Bit of info on the possible New Minelab~ GPZ 7000, Jupiter

Did some hunt and peck. Seems a member of another forum found some interesting stuff on the possible new addition to Minelabs series....

*dead link*

I have to thank the individual who dug this up. Just wish the appendixes were there.
    DD

Hope moderation will tolerate this.
    Last edited by DDancer; Nov 20, 2014 at 08:12 AM.
    jeff of pa likes this.
    Everyone Believes they have gold buried in the back yard... small wonder so few ever look for it.

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    2667 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    I can't get into it on my computer ??
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
    638 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The confidentiality end date on the user handbook is 28 December 2014. Christmas will be late I guess!

Remember, the management of Codan (the parent company) has publicly stated that this new super detector is based on totally new technology. The GPX-5000 is being bundled with the SDC-2300 at a MAP of just over $7000. With the usual negotiation, you could end up with the pair for a little over $3000 each! Looks like they really want to get rid of existing GPX-5000 stocks.

us
    Mar 2014
    Traveling US to work
    Current Whites DFX Past Garret GTI 2500 and others Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000 Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
    1661 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks GoldCTX.

I found it to be some interesting reading last night. Apparently the new unit will be wireless capable. Some of the frequencies noted in the EMI testing are pretty darn high for a detection unit~ upto 18Ghz. Might as well call it ground penetrating radar though I doubt it'll have imaging capabilities. There was some speculation on sizeing and depth which maybe possible depending on the math.
    Irregardless of how ML is flogging off its stock I'm more interested in the workings of the unit and its potential new features. True the price tag will probably be matched by its model number however in the right hands and in the right area I gotta wonder about this ground scanner. Will we still be able to call it a metal detector?
    Everyone Believes they have gold buried in the back yard... small wonder so few ever look for it.

Dec 2012
    on the rocks - so cal county line
    Gold bug pro / Whites coin master II
    491 times
    Watching this like a golden eyed hawk .
    Now that the dirty work is done all's that is left is the digging

us
    Oct 2009
    7473 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DDancer View Post
    Some of the frequencies noted in the EMI testing are pretty darn high for a detection unit~ upto 18Ghz. Might as well call it ground penetrating radar
    I can't tell from the report if that 18Ghz was an emitted frequency or a harmonic frequency.

I agree that given Minelab's past, the 7000 model number will probably also be it's price point. Maybe they have found a way to compare signals to give a solid ID to gold. We have always said that if a company to could produce a detector like that, they could charge $10K and not be able to produce enough to meet the demand.

us
    Mar 2014
    Traveling US to work
    1661 times
    Metal Detecting
    Had a bad though Rechecked the crystal freq's.
    Last edited by DDancer; Nov 20, 2014 at 06:17 PM. Reason: error in thinking

us
    Mar 2014
    Central Arizona
    Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
    417 times
    Prospecting
    I'll keep using my SD2100 V-2 till it dies. Still finds gold just fine for me. Someday I will have to upgrade I'm sure. Not in any hurry to go into debt to maybe find a couple pieces of gold I might be missing. By then somebody will be selling their good old Minelab cheaper and I'll be more than happy to take it off their hands. Dennis

Jun 2013
    27 times
    Yea Dennis, plus just adding a different coil can be a game changer when going over spots you have already detected. Hard to believe that you would be missing so much gold that it would pay for that 6K detector, maybe over a long period of time.. I love to see the new technology however and cant wait to try a super detector some day. Maybe I will change my tune
    NeoTokyo likes this.

us
    Mar 2014
    Traveling US to work
    1661 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hehh, my old 3000 did plenty of damage in "hunted out" spots. 5000's were the cats meow in ozzies patches. Depends on the user is my say. I am following the bread crumbs on this one. Can it be real? Coils are a change out no matter what you detect and as equipment goes a mandatory change if you want to find what your looking for. Thoughts.

us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Not too much longer now and we should know everything that we need to know about this new machine.
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

us
    Oct 2009
    7473 times
    Maybe, maybe not. Remember the CTX release.... They trickled out info for months and didn't reveal the sticker price until right before it went on sale (even though a few sources leaked it out)

us
    GoldGPX

Nov 2012
    Northern California
    GPX-4500 CTX-3030 Macro Gold Racer
    34 times
    Prospecting

Is this a Photo of the… The Minelab Jupiter GPZ-7000 ?????

I found this Photo on an Australian MD link today…. Looks like this could very well be Minelabs next Gold Machine….

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1415833032_ml_detector.jpg 
Views:	3267 
Size:	323.5 KB 
ID:	1088090
    (Click on photo for large image)

Is this the… The Minelab Jupiter GPZ-7000 ? ? ? ?

What ever it is …. it is a very cool looking detector ~ I never seen anything like it before….

Next question: Can it find gold 100X better than the GPX-5000? Will it detect what is trash and what is really Au and what is lead? = all Yet TBD….

Gerard

us
    Oct 2009
    7473 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCTX View Post
    I found this Photo on an Australian MD link today…. Looks like this could very well be Minelabs next Gold Machine….

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1415833032_ml_detector.jpg 
Views:	3267 
Size:	323.5 KB 
ID:	1088090
    (Click on photo for large image)

Is this the… The Minelab Jupiter GPZ-7000 ? ? ? ?

What ever it is …. it is a very cool looking detector ~ I never seen anything like it before….

Next question: Can it find gold 100X better than the GPX-5000? Will it detect what is trash and what is really Au and what is lead? = all Yet TBD….

Gerard
    That picture is of one of their counter-mine detectors that have been around for years.
    Reed Lukens and NeoTokyo like this.

us
    GoldGPX

Nov 2012
    Northern California
    GPX-4500 CTX-3030 Macro Gold Racer
    34 times
    Prospecting
    UPDATE = Photo above is "NOT" the Jupiter GPZ-7000 ~ The photo above is a "Land-mine Detector".

Jason > I was just informed by @beatup & RenoChris > The Detector in the photo is in fact a "Land-mine Detector". So apparently it isn't the latest greatest gold machine… aka: the "Jupiter GPZ-7000.

The one in the photo kind of looks similar to a Garrett ATX Extreme. I had thought I had stumbled on to something really cool when I saw the photo…. But, I had never seen a Minelab "Land Mine Detector" before… So as it turns out…. My Mistake everyone!!! ~ Sorry for the "False Alarm" I guess we will all have to wait and see the the Jupiter looks like on… December 28th.

till then…. The best news is…
    That lots of Rain & Snow is again falling in the Sierra's = Filling up all the Almost Empty Lakes & Streams !!!

Merry Christmas to everyone…
    63bkpkr and NeoTokyo like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links