deeper fors gold

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a few minutes before it rained to try one of our well hunted out places. Because of the wet ground the depth was better and fors golds technology it was able to find 1 pc of deeper gold and several lead targets. Unfortunatly we have alot of rain coming up in the forcast. So hope to get out between storms. Thanks nokta for making a awesome detector.

20141130_Second chance-1.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We are located in northern cal.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a few minutes before it rained to try one of our well hunted out places. Because of the wet ground the depth was better and fors golds technology it was able to find 1 pc of deeper gold and several lead targets. Unfortunatly we have alot of rain coming up in the forcast. So hope to get out between storms. Thanks nokta for making a awesome detector.

View attachment 1086554

CG... Welcome the rain, the entire state need the wet stuff.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hell yes. Funny thing is we got about 10 1/3 " of rain and the big lakes havent come up a foot yet. The ground just soaked it all up.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
You must be up near Redding? Placerville doesn't get nearly that much. We have to worry about the area of the King fire the next 2 days for quite a bit of rain coming.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice little find. :)
I have been itching to get out and detect with my FORS Gold but have been sick damn near constantly since Halloween. :(
Currently I am up to Hand Foot and Mouth disease, a nasty little week and a half long virus kinda like the flu and Chicken Pox mixed together. ;-;

Saturday looks good up here, I SHOULD be better by then if WebMD is correct on how long it takes to recover.
PM me if you want to meet up, I have video's I need to make and it would be neat going with another FORS Gold owner. :)

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Made it out for couple hours this late afternoon. The ground is really soaked from rains. Found 3 pcs right off the side of a old ground sluice in the middle of a old skid trail. One was too deep for gold bug pro 10" coil to hear. But it was loud on the fors gold. Also found some old keys. Gold weight was 1.5 dwt.

20141206_182351-1.jpg

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Made it out for couple hours this late afternoon. The ground is really soaked from rains. Found 3 pcs right off the side of a old ground sluice in the middle of a old skid trail. One was too deep for gold bug pro 10" coil to hear. But it was loud on the fors gold. Also found some old keys. Gold weight was 1.5 dwt.

View attachment 1089005

Nicely done on your finds. Congratulations!

How do you like the weight of your Nokta Fors machine?

All the best,

Lanny

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: Right on CG,went to claims yesterday and can run a 8" where I couldn't even run a sluice 30 days ago. Rip,shread and tear, thank god winter detecting season is finally here. John

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
fors gold weight is very light. just a hair heavier then goldbug with 10" coil. seems to be balanced well. it does have shaft and arm cuff adjustments to suit everyone.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done on your finds. Congratulations!

How do you like the weight of your Nokta Fors machine?

All the best,

Lanny

Lanny here you go. The weights of the FORS with all three coils and the coils...

FORS 1.jpg FORS 2.jpg FORS 3.jpg
Coil 1.jpg Coil 2.jpg Coil 3.jpg

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What are your All metal search settings at? Or are you running in Boost only?
Are you using ground tracking?

What settings do you use in the super mineralized red stuff?

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
in the the high mineralization i use boost mode sens. 80-85 id mask 10 and most times tone 1. but sometimes i use vibrate if it is noisy outside. you get some false chatter as does my old goldbug. but no repeatable signal false chatter. just dig the good signals. you learn to distinguish signals from false signals with use. thats how targets get missed in really noisy ground so i go back over it again and check. i noticed with fors some really deep signals sometimes read like iron when they are almost out of range but so does other detectors. in the past with my goldbug i had signals that were deeper that looked like a good number but as i scratched closer to it the signal changed to iron. usually a boot tack or sometimes a small square nail. and other times the number read iron but it just sounded really good so i dug closer and the number changed to a good number. fors seems very similar to goldbug on good target numbers so usually smallest gold goes off in the 40s and big gold goes off at a bigger number. likewise with lead also. so both machines if the signal is pretty sharp or loud dig all signals above 40. if they sound faint or dull better dig a little closer till you get a more truer target id. also swing speed has alot to do with getting a true target id. slower gets a more accurate number. good luck.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why do you like your ID mask so low?

I tried those settings the other day and I found a really cool little shoe nail, then I bumped the ID mask up to 20, waived the nail over and it was gone.
Is it because you can find cool little iron relics?

I did get a couple false signals, I haven't really figured out the difference in sound on that one yet.

Still, lots and lots of bullets and some lead buckshot. :D

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I usually leave the target id at default. i seen few pieces of gold or lead ( which could've been gold) that were right at the edge of detection range where detectors usually have trouble giving you a true id. I had some good targets read 15-21 first couple swings then maybe higher, then low again. when i dug a little closer more in range, the target id got more accurate. 40 or higher depending on target and factors. but it did start off like a iron signal. I seen same situation with other detectors. alot of really small signals like birdshot or small flecks of gold, the id will jump all over till you are almost scraping the coil on it. if i was coin hunting i propbably would turn up id to just below target ids of coins. if you turn down id mask to about 5 you can actually get alittle more depth but depends what kind of soil you are detecting. it is more erratic at a low number with high mineralized soil. so i leave it on 10 then. good luck

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome, thanks for the great advice again. :)

Have you noticed that in heavily mineralize soil that the ID goes up to 99?
It doesn't do it all the time, but rather it spikes on occasion.

I bring my GoPro every time that I go out in case I find gold but so far its just a bunch of video's of me digging bullets. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fors gold still finding pickers. found 4 pcs before i broke my only pick. the ground is extremely mineralized but fors still ran great with very little falsing. tried to shoot some video but before i found gold i found lead. so when i turn on cam to dig unknown targets i got red clay all over my cam and lens. lol. the ground is absolutely saturated. so had to put my cam away before i ruined it. just got it repaired recently. so no video. maybe if im careful tomarrow i can get some video. gold weight 1.1 dwt. take care

ForumRunner_20141213_191614.png

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's better than I did today, your right to call that area Lead Belly. lol

I followed the road to what looks like an old shooting range (Shells everywhere and bullets to boot!) and even a nice picnic table. :)

I had some forward facing eyed creature following me tonight, I could see it's eyes when I shined my 1000 lumen LED flashlight at it.
I think it was a Coyote, it was about that height.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread