Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Guggets.JPG

I was out this past week detecting on some friends claims and picked up a few nuggets. I was looking in areas that had serious erosion signs and came across these in about 4 - 6 inches of soil. these are about 2 grams each. I was using a Garrett ATX on stockish settings with stock Coil. The area I was at is on the back side of Sonora.

Ohh I also found an old camp site and found this quarter and a griswold dutch oven. The oven is soaking at the moment and I will snap some pics once all the rust comes off.

Cheers - Koffee

Upvote 0

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for sharing Koffee and congratulations on some real nice finds. Silver and gold, it doesn't get any better than that... love to see silver coins. Do you mind my asking if the quarter generated a low-high signal, and did the gold produce high-low signals?

Jim.

ca.miner

Dec 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet... Makes me want to go metal detecting!!! Yeap I'm goin. Come on 5 pounder....

OP
OP
Koffee

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing Koffee and congratulations on some real nice finds. Silver and gold, it doesn't get any better than that... love to see silver coins. Do you mind my asking if the quarter generated a low-high signal, and did the gold produce high-low signals?

Jim.

The silver was a low high tone and very solid it was down about 8 inches and sounded just like the air tests you see on the web. The gold was high low tones and gave off a nice signal soft but clear. I should also mention I was on the corner of the claim and there are power lines really close overhead and did not have any EMI issues.

Cheers - Koffee

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful pieces of gold with great character. The silver coin was a nice bonus. The Dutch oven will be interesting to see.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very sweet finds! :)

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man good find! That beats the hell out of what I've found, almost Nothing Ha! This area has been hit for 100 years and N. Calif. Shasta County they tell me not all the gold has been found but I have moved tons of pilings and hit zero. Searched old dredge sites in hope of uncovering missed stuff but not even 1 gram. Don't mean to be a downer but my kids won a bet I would find a "Picker" I didn't. Gold is where you find it! I still have faith with the hours looking with my Whites Goldmaster. Peace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread