Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heya everyone;

This video is to help show the detection depth of the Nokta FORS Gold.
In the video I mention that it was about 7.5" down but I forgot to mention that I had already removed about 1" of soil and the short grass ontop.
I also swing my coil about .5 - 1" off the ground so the total depth was about 8.5" plus .5 - 1" of air.
That's pretty good I think considering my Gold Bug 2 and my Pro wouldn't be able to hit this target with the similarly sized 10" elliptical.

This isn't a simulated maximum depth video where variables like pockets of air can affect the reading, this is a true, in the wild, been in the ground for decades - Dig. :)

If you are in the market for a new VLF detector then I think that you should strongly consider the Nokta FORS Gold, I feel that it is the best Gold VLF on the market at this moment.

Let me know about your deep digs with a similarly sized coil and target. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know its not gold but it does show depth of a very similar target in undisturbed soil.

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know its not gold but it does show depth of a very similar target in undisturbed soil.

Yes NeoTolyo, and you've done a fine job of presenting this information too. Thankyou for taking the time to do the video, I think it was the key element to support the text. That unit has received very good reviews, we can see why you're so pleased with its performance. :icon_thumleft:

Jim.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am glad that you liked the video. I try to keep some of them short and sweet to the point. :)
I just wish that it were gold. :D

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good video of detection depth. I dug a .50 cal black powder ball few weeks back with fors gold. It was just a whisper signal. I didnt measure, but i know it was in the 10" to 11" range. One of the deepest signals i dug with fors gold.
Got a wedding to go to tomarrow. Hope to be back in action myself on sunday. Good luck

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice! I have been impressed over and over with the depth of the standard coil and the sensitivity to tiny shreds of lead close to the surface.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
I am impressed as well. In general mode it can go very deep. The large coil is supposed to get the deepest signal but that would be in a flat area with little trash.

BerntOut

Jan 12, 2010
South West USA
Detector(s) used
Deus, BlissTool V3, CTX, Vallon VCM1, ......forgot the others!
Man, get yourself a real digger, shovel, Predator, Lesche! That scraping with a plastic spoon is slow:icon_thumleft:

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
I am impressed as well. In general mode it can go very deep. The large coil is supposed to get the deepest signal but that would be in a flat area with little trash. Nokta should sell Nokta Nee Pads. Spend lots of time getting to the bottom. For us old guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread