13 is good luck for nokta fors gold

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out for a few hours today to a new spot. The ground looks very mineralized, but was pretty smooth operating for the nokta. All the pieces were found in a small area. It was semi flat so the pocket gold didnt go far. Fors gold once again racked them up. All the pieces weighed 4.8 dwt. There is some quartz mixed in. But pretty gold anyway. Hope to get back there soon.
Take care

ForumRunner_20150118_202841.png

Upvote 0

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Do you think any detector other than the Fors would not have found them?. Nice haul. I always say it is the person behind the detector. Still working on my first with the Fors.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just reread Steves' righteous post on finding that big quartz species. Even he said it could have been found it with just about any detector. It's always the man behind the machine as a extension of his dedication and perseverance coupled with the detectors he's -oops or she--is using. Practice practice in the field is the only way to know what song your unit sings when gold is under that coil. Perfect example was the hunt here in Redding way back. Dozens entered and my 14 year old son found his antigue Radio Shack unit he bought when he was 6 or so. All the experienced men had the latest greatest high falutn' shiny units and we beat'm all with the worst TR unit ever made and a antique Golden Sabre to cripple ourselves because the ol'farts were gettn' POd cause I won a lot. We flipped for 1st-2nd as a tie and he got the gold coin, the little devil ,and I the 1 oz round..... John

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see the Nokta is still bringing it in for ya cali :) Nice haul!

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I'm going out Thursday. I hope to find 1 piece.

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn it man, my fors gold detector is taking forever to get here. Said it was supposed to be delivered on Saturday but now says Monday. My mistake thinking I'd get to use it on a 4 day weekend, FedEx for the lose.

Either way nice finds, that's some pretty rough gold, keep up the good work.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you for comments. Yes some of pieces could have been found with any detector, but alot of them were deeper that fors gold found. It always seems to impress me. I cant imagine what depth nokta detectors will detect 10 yrs from now. Probably need a escavator to dig up a pennyweight piece.

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you for comments. Yes some of pieces could have been found with any detector, but alot of them were deeper that fors gold found. It always seems to impress me. I cant imagine what depth nokta detectors will detect 10 yrs from now. Probably need a escavator to dig up a pennyweight piece.

You've enjoyed consistently good results and I rather think that although the FORS Gold is a very good product, that you deserve most of the credit for this success. It was you who took a chance on buying this relatively unknown detector model, learned its attributes, and graciously shared your knowledge about it with this forum. :)

We are grateful to you, and thank you for the introduction to this responsive, interactive company that actually answers our questions with a straight, informative answer. From what I can see to date, in the future this company will get first chance to earn my consumer dollars.

Jim.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the complement, but even though ive detected for gold for many many years, the Fors Gold definetly makes a huge tactical difference getting those deeper pieces whether they are small or big. I never have shared gold succeses online before i starting using Fors Gold. I wanted to share more about new technology that other companies are now making. Nokta definitly made a awesome detector with features like a led flashlight and a vibration mode that no one has done before. But im really impressed with the depth and a quality build. I think anyone even new to detecting would benefit from Fors Golds features.
Take care

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
just ordered mine 849.15 on sale kellyco. cant wait.. but going to have to considering the torrential downpour we're gunna have this weekend. :weather_rain:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on CG as you never know till you try one out and VERY impressive results with that model so far and NOT $5-6-7,000 either-John:headbang:

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
anderson, ca just south of redding. if hoser, cg, neotokyo or ray wants to take me out detecting i would be honored.
the name refers to hunting birds, if it flies it dies

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, a few of us have tried to get out, I have been the lagging party on this end though. lol
This weekend we are going to get some much needed rain but it doesn't seem like its going to be as much as early reports said (Which were up to 8")
It looks like we will probably receive around 2-3" now total through weather.com 's updated forcast.

I tried to meet up with Maxlfty and Darmentle last week but we missed eachother.
I have had the pleasure of hunting with Ray Mills too, he has a wealth of great knowledge to share.
I have not had the pleasure of meeting up with John or CG yet but some day, I am sure. :)

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello Beekbuster, I think I sent you a reply PM. You can either PM me a phone number or go to my website TRINITYAU.COM and leave contact information. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
got my fors gold yesterday. took it out to the school feild acroos the street( school is shut down) first thing i dug was a 14 k pendant of baby jesus. then three nickles and three pennies. was going out this weekend but my neigbor ( nice little old lady) house flooded from the hail and rain we had in anderson. so ill be tearing out some sheetrock insulation and preping for floors, and hopefully itll be dry enough to put it back together soon so i can go out next weekend.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got my fors gold yesterday. took it out to the school feild acroos the street( school is shut down) first thing i dug was a 14 k pendant of baby jesus. then three nickles and three pennies. was going out this weekend but my neigbor ( nice little old lady) house flooded from the hail and rain we had in anderson. so ill be tearing out some sheetrock insulation and preping for floors, and hopefully itll be dry enough to put it back together soon so i can go out next weekend.

You scored even higher for helping your neighbor!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread