First day out with a Fors Gold

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So went out today looking for a couple mines. Found the one and one of the adits which had collapsed. Didn't find much except for trash. It's next to a populated area so I think it's been picked over quiet a bit. The first picture is a cut downhill I found quiet a ways away. I started looking around and found a spot where quartz had rolled down the hill. Kept working my way up the hill seeing more and more quartz and then found the rest of the surface workings.

Didn't find any gold and the pickings were pretty slim. Screw in rivet, a quarter from 1981, a flattened bullet, old shotgun base, a .32 caliber bullet, and the end piece to a blasting cap which I found in one of the cuts. Oh yes......got a really good signature and it was a nice empty packet of lube.....in the woods.....scary.

I'll head out tomorrow and try another mine.

NCM_0353.JPG NCM_0357.JPG NCM_0358.JPG

Attachments

• NCM_0354.JPG
    NCM_0354.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
  • NCM_0355.JPG
    NCM_0355.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • NCM_0356.JPG
    NCM_0356.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hope your next target is a big nugget! Looks like a nice spot!

OP
OP
O

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
lots of quartz, alot broken up, still a quartz vein at the top too

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a good spot. Hope you have some good luck! What settings are you running on the fors?

OP
OP
O

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was running the boosted, with identity mask at 19 and sensitivity at 50, was hitting some good sounding stuff that turned out to be a tore up aluminum wrapper from a candy bar

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What that means is that he is discriminating against anything in that signal range, much like the Gold Bug Pro and other detectors with discrimination.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread