allready detected area with fors gold again

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello

Beings it was first day of spring i think. It was around 80 degrees. Decided to hike in aways to some diggins that i wanted to try. When i got there the mazanita was very thick. I had to crawl most of the time. The area has alot of surface diggings, but didnt find anything. Decided to come back another time and cut some manzanita out of there. Then i can stand up. So headed to a place where i found good gold last winter with my goldbug detector. Never tried fors gold there yet. The area does have some deep gold. After just a short session found 4 pcs. That were deep. I have detected this small knoll a dozens of times before, sideways, up and down, every direction in a grid pattern. Before there was no more signals left but with fors gold, the hill came alive with good targets, lead and gold. Also found a screw on lid to a gun powder tin. You can still read the top. It was from the " hazard powder company " from back east during 1800 s. Was really shocked that there was so many signals , just out of reach of my other detectors in the past. But this isnt the first time fors gold has found

20150124_193326-1.jpg

gold at old areas that were previously detected. Have to go back again and detect the other hill nearby and see what happens. Gold weighed 1.5 dwt.
Take care.

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:occasion14::occasion14::occasion14:

I want one of those machines, and hopefully can put the
duckets together by Spring.

FWIW, the gold nuggets do not show well against that
gold background. Could you take pics with them sitting
on some black cloth?

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice scores there. :)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Manzanita Mangler strikes again :laughing7: and that stuff is even worse this time a year as tire tough :BangHead: rubbery steel in that spot. Kudos CG as I slave away on dredgn' politics ........................sic sic sic.....John

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cal Gold - nice finds. Fors Gold seems to be cleaning up. You mentioned that you had cleaned the hill with you Gold Bug, was it a Pro or a GB2? Also, how deep were those little beauties that you just found. How deep were the deapest you found with your gold bug previously in that spot or others. I've hit a 1dwt piece at about 2" and a 1/4 oz piece at about 4" in last 10 months using my GB Pro, but thats it, nothing small shallow or deap.
any info would be great
Happy Days - Happy Hunting
AjR

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello feathered
I used a gold bug pro previously at this place with a 5" and 10" coil. Found pieces 1"-6" range before with pro, but up to 12" on ounce and bigger pieces at other places. Ive yet to find gold deeper than probably 8" deep with fors gold. But havent had a big one under it yet, so i know it will get it. Found last pieces there with fors gold at the 4-6" range. Pieces were .3 to .5 dwt size. This is just an average and depends on conditions but if goldbug finds tiny subgrain at 1" forsgold will get it at 2". If you find a 1 dwt at 4" with goldbug. Fors gold will get it at no less then 7". Seems to atleast get bigger pieces at +3 inches. Maybe more on 1/2 ounce or bigger. Hope this helps.

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you for the info CalGold. I've been curious about the Fors Gold since it came out, the design and performance seem very solid. until i hit some nice nuggets its out of my price range. I do love my GB Pro for its light weight and ease of use.
Thanks again - may your coil swing over the big one!
Happy Days - Happy Hunting
AjR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread