Whites TDI Pro Ver. Nokta Fore Gold

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Shoping for a new one. Help me out with your Experience.
Two different technologies. Nokta is a VLF... TDI Pro is PI. The Nokta will drive you crazy in very highly mineralized soil. The TDI Pro, not so much. You need to decide where and what types of soil you'll be doing the majority of your hunting and for what... coins, relics, or strictly gold.

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
is the tdi pro the same as tdi sl? never ran one. maybe someone on here has some experience with that. but i have ran the fors gold, and still do on a regular basis. it is the top gun of vlf detectors right now. it has the best features, high quality build. great depth, best customer service agent (Dilek) , and they actually listen to their customers on recommendations on future features on detectors. i have found many targets , gold and lead , at deeper depths that other detector couldn't detect. not sure how these detectors compare against each other, fors gold is vlf and whites is pulse induction, so they are in a different class. maybe someone can help you with the tdi pro experience. good luck with whatever you get!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AZ I have not had that issue with my Nokta FORS Gold, it handles highly mineralized soils very well and much better than my GB2.
In fact the FORS Gold goes into Boost mode whenever turned on, this is the setting that is optimized for mineralized soils and you can still adjust this mode to your liking as well.

The FORS Gold is an extremely powerful and option packed detector perfect for finding gold and it works great as a standard detector too.

I am finding targets deeper and easier than I ever did with my GB2 or GBPro.

The Whites TDI Pro is not a detector that rates very high on my wish list for a number of reasons.

If you are looking for a great machine that WILL find the gold, handles mineralized and trashy soils easily and has an faster learning curve than most then I highly recommend the Nokta FORS Gold.

Buying the Pro package is your best option and its only a little more than the standard package.
The Pro package gives you 3 coils (instead of 1) and you get a wonderful backpack, a set of headphones and rain guards.
The Pro Package is on sale at KellyCo right now for $1,189! (It usually is $1399 and will probably go back up to that after KellyCo's sale is over.)

Here is the link, KellyCo is the only authorized retailer in the US right now.
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/products/gold/1448-FORSP/fors-gold-pro-package

Here is a video of my unboxing of the Nokta FORS Gold.

Here is a video of a very deep bullet that I found, nothing special about the find but it showcases the depth very well.

In this video I am digging some copper in VERY VERY VERY Mineralized soil, check out how orange/red that stuff is. I didn't haven't any problems, in fact even the near by power lines weren't a big issue.

So I hope that I helped to make your decision a little easier. :)

Last edited:

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AZ I have not had that issue with my Nokta FORS Gold, it handles highly mineralized soils very well and much better than my GB2.

It had better handle mineralized soil, you're running over 50 khz lower than a GB2. When in an area heavily saturated with "hot rocks" or full of iron, I don't care what the manufacturers say, there isn't a VLF made that can handle that type of soil and yet allow any type of decent depth or discrimination. I have a GMT which for a VLF gold detector ranks right up there at the top with the others in it's class. I was out the other day in some soil that drove it plum crazy (and me) as I just couldn't get it to balance out and quite down no matter what I did. Let's just say that my detecting that day was cut very short as it just wasn't worth battling with with the super hot ground. Next week I bring my TDI Pro out and detect the same ground. Night and day difference! Sans a few hot rocks here and there, the TDI Pro behaved very well and ran very smooth all day long. There are times and places for both the VLF and PI technologies. I discovered real quick what those times and places were. :laughing7:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whelp in the last video that I posted that was in a wash on Iron Mountain, about 200ft from there is another wash where the entire length of the wash is bright green with copper leeching and surrounded with DEEP RED soil.
The Nokta does not care and just keeps on truckin. :D

Of course any detector is going to lose some depth in such adverse soils, but the machine is still very smooth and easy to identify targets.
I do still get some falsing or what I think is falsing, I am close to a shooting range after all and tiny shreads of lead and shot are everywhere. :D

Last edited:

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
there is definatly different places for different detectors. but another thing is alot of people when gold detecting are affraid of using their iron disc. mode. beings all metal is the traditional mode for gold. on a regular basis i usually end up at gold areas that are super mineralized, it usually ground balances above 80 on a fors gold or gb pro. if you try all metal there it is super erratic. it is like waving your detector over your truck. you can turn down the sensitivity, but by time it settles down, the sensitivity is down to 20 or lower. 20 out of 100. that mode is about useless then. but in iron disc mode i can turn it all the way up to 100 on the gb pro, and it is really calm. 100 in that mode will match 50-60 sens. in all metal. and is quiet except for signals. i used this technique for along time on the gb pro. since its launch. and found much gold in horrible soil areas. but now fors gold does it deeper and better in its boost mode. i even get good results in same soil using disc 3 , cranked up to 98 sens. on fors gold and done very well. overall the best knowledge one can get about the detector you use is not from other people, but let your detector teach you what it can do and where. good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread