GPZ 7000

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just looked at the GPZ 7000 teaser Bedford put up. Sweet look'n machine, but waterproof to 3 ft? For the price of the high end machines we should be getting shockproof(like good binoculars) and waterproof to atleast 30ft - in case it rains heavy. The machine is way out of my budget, but for those its not, please demand the most for your money.

Upvote 0

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The coil is advertised as waterproof to one meter. The detector is advertised as weatherproof.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
Featherdfishead

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the clarification Steve. I know you dont need the waterproof detector in the desert, and not all detectors need to be waterproof. It just seems that they should be for the price.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just looked at the GPZ 7000 teaser Bedford put up. Sweet look'n machine, but waterproof to 3 ft? For the price of the high end machines we should be getting shockproof(like good binoculars) and waterproof to atleast 30ft - in case it rains heavy. The machine is way out of my budget, but for those its not, please demand the most for your money.

I'm sure that the people who buy this will be far more interested in how well it finds gold nuggets in the worst soils in the world. They aren't likely to be trying to scuba dive with it. Why on earth do you need a 30ft waterproof detector for rain?

OP
OP
Featherdfishead

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was jokeing about the rain jason, and i'm well aware the people buying the gpz want it for its ability in bad soils, i'm a prospector myself. Its the point, if each new model finds gold a little better then the last abit more easy are we the customers going to pay 1000 or 2000 more dollars - some will - i just hope people demand the most for there money.
AjR

sdctreasure27

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2015
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As deep as it's supposed to find gold, it should dig the hole for you. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread