new place same fors gold

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hello

me and my date the golden girl went to a new diggins today. it was quick to find out the old miners did a damn good job on this wash. they washed almost every trace of dirt down to clean bedrock.. so the main wash only had very small pieces that was stuck in bedrock cracks and a couple in some residual paydirt. luckily the 1.5 dwt piece rolled down the hill and was stuck up against a manzanita truck. I left this morning and forgot to bring any back up coils, but fors gold standard 11" coil did well enough to get the tiny ones. next time I'll bring the little fors gold coil and probably find smaller ones. but 1.9 dwt for the day for the nokta team wasnt bad. we wont mention how my female partner with her gb pro with Nel coil did.

ForumRunner_20150307_214623.png

ForumRunner_20150307_214653.png

and she doesnt do the online thing with her gold anyway.
still have alot more diggings in this nice area to try. see what happens next time.

Upvote 0

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thankyou Californiagold for sharing your outing and the photo. Congratulations on the gold nuggets!!:icon_thumleft:

Jim.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow that is some very nice gold, especially the biggie there. :)
I bet that sounded off something pretty nice.

That wash looks VERY nice. :D
Did you find much trash or bullets there?
It kinda looks like some area's around the corner from where you suggested I hit.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Double Double Post Post..

Lets make some use of this double post. :D

On the area that you told me to hit, could you send me a private message and tell me which area to detect in again please?
I did park by the gate before and detected from there all the way back to the tiny dry creek. Am I suppose to be hitting that gulley just below the dirt road?
I even went all the way back and found that huge white mountain of tailings. Whats up with that? lol

I cant find the original PM that you sent me.
I have been parking next to the boulders and dead bear and detecting across from the creek (LOTS OF LEAD!)

Also, do you have any suggestions that have next to no trash, few bullets and possibly less activity for me to detect? Bedrock preferred. :D
Whenever you want to snipe this summer just let me know and I can show you a few of the places that I go.

I am going up to the DeadWood district tomorrow.

-Eric-

Last edited:

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score with the Fors :) and that's some nice looking ground to get on.

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way to go friend! Love the bigger peace.
Neo - if the area your hitting was heavily mined then work the gulch below the road and the dry creek bed. Huge white tailings old crusher pile possibly- maybe a location for specimen pieces
Good luck
AjR

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mama be 1 detecting machine for sure!!!! Added the am email to the album hahaha more like a nugget book of shasta /trinity counties fer sure CG. Hope you find many more pounds in that necka the woods than I did in my many seasons there. RESPECT as always-John

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
just posted a few more videos on my youtube channel. " fors gold adventures". take care

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!!! I love seeing the gold you find.

Last edited:

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Saw your video's. A little short for 25 seconds or so but interesting. Hope they will be longer in the future but detecting and filming must be a little challenging. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread