Another Scott Valley Nugget!

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out for 4 hrs to an old ground sluice this weekend on a ridge that typically has 6-10+ feet of snow this time of year. It was 74 degrees and beautiful. I found one tinny piece just before heading home. I put this nug in a bottle with some other gold without taking a pic and it being similar to others i couldnt be sure so i didn't want to pic the wrong nug so its excluded. It was .2 dwt

Yesterday got out for 3 hrs to my new spot i posted about previously. I'd been back on two short occasions and had panned out some color but nothing with the GB Pro. With lady luck over my shoulder i worked my way up river from my last finds here and soon saw a good lookn gold trap in the bedrock. Moved afew boulders to expose the multiple very fractured crevices and began to detect. Just above waters edge i got a signal that rarley repeated in the high 50's. Hmm, my machine was falseing allot as i moved my coil in and out of the water so the signal was very hard to repeat or fallow in between the water falseing - something i've noticed my NEL coil does more than my Fisher 5" coil due to its extra sensitivity. Under or above water alone its very stable. I decided since i was going to brake up all the bedrock any way i would just hammer the area and clean it all up. All said the top nugget was the one i believe the detector was hitting, and the lower one was near it.
Top nug .4 dwt,lower .2 dwt. Also .4 dwt of nice flakes.

Plan on getting myself a camera soon so i'll be able to take some pics from the field to help in teaching and for my journals.
Happy Hunting!
AjR

Cant let you Shasta County Boys be the only guys findn gold up here at the top of the state.:headbang: LOL

Attachments

• nug 2-3home2015.jpg
    nug 2-3home2015.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold you have there good sir! May many more pieces come your way...................63bkpkr

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for sharing your outing with us AjR. Looks like you've been having beautiful weather to get out and work at it. Nice observation on the NEL coil too. Congratulations on the gold nuggets, well done!!:icon_thumleft:

Jim.

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
bout time you did something other than talk to your friends all day on the phone. lol good job

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm considering buying some NEL coils for my GB Pro and F75 and was wondering if your experience has been worth it.....Thanks
Rob

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i have 3 nel coils for my gb pro. that i used last couple years before i was using fors. the Nel coils are awesome. they run a little hotter and quieter than fisher coils. and they are deeper. good luck

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i forgot to mention, the Nel coils are built like a tank and are cheaper price, better warranty 2 years. fisher coils especially 10 x 5 dont have good seal. if you get them in water, they leak. i ruined 2 in a year and a half. after they dry out for a year, they will work again. so nel coils are best choice.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've heard rumors but until now, no first hand accounts from someone who has worked them hard. That's all I need to hear....I'll but some

OP
OP
Featherdfishead

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As Calgold said NEl coils are rad. I hunt in and around the water allot and my original Fisher Coil died in a month, i went NEL and wont go back.

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i forgot to mention, the Nel coils are built like a tank and are cheaper price, better warranty 2 years. fisher coils especially 10 x 5 dont have good seal. if you get them in water, they leak. i ruined 2 in a year and a half. after they dry out for a year, they will work again. so nel coils are best choice.

Just an observation from the past. I had a leaky 12" concentric coil one trip and was reluctant to try to reseal it until I got home. When wet it obviously wouldn't work, so I placed the bottom adjacent to the campfire for an hour or two... not so close as to cause any damage, but close enough to make the coil bottom quite hot. Afterwards I'd pull it back enough that it was still sufficiently warm that I felt (hoped is more like it) any remaining moisture would escape, rather than let it cool off quickly and risk forming any condensation. I understand that this "quickie" remedy seems laughable, but it worked fine in the morning.

Jim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions