Scott Valley Deja Vu

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aside from it being overcast today instead of sunny I felt a touch of deja vu. I had a few hours this afternoon so i hit my spot; started where i left off, moved some big boulders for the first 20 mins and then detected exposed bedrock. First just a whisper, dig a little, louder, bouncing 50's again. Broke up bedrock and wha la. Nugget on left .3 dwt right .2. Cleaned up bedrock and nearby roots for a little more flakes and a beautiful quartz crystal formation. The crystals show no sign of wear from the river so it must have came from near by. I have seen small quartz crystal stringers in the bedrock but nothing bigger than a few mm. Didn't have time today but i'll investigate to see if i can find the source soon.

I have enjoyed my time spent at this spot immensely. Its the first new spot i've found gold this year and its been continually producing. I feel its going and may be gone but its always that way with gold. I will definitely think back on these times in my next dry spell with great relish.

Thanks for sharing my adventures and Happy Hunting
AjR

Attachments

• 2homegold2015.jpg
    2homegold2015.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 84
  • crystalhome2015.jpg
    crystalhome2015.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
good job. sounds your having fun at the same ole gold fishin hole.

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey AjR… your reference to moving boulders to get at the bedrock reminds me of our experiences up in northeastern Ontario. We too move a lot of material at selected spots in the hope of hitting silver stringers... it’s hard work.

Gold in any form looks awfully good to me, but your crystalline quartz is what really attracted my attention… isn't that a handsome-looking specimen to find while getting your gold!!! Sure you can buy them at any decent mineral outlet, but finding them yourself is a much different and rewarding proposition. Something you can be genuinely pleased about every time you look at it, congratulations are in order… way to go!!! :icon_thumright:

Jim.

OP
OP
Featherdfishead

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks gentlemen, i enjoy sharing my adventures and wish more people would.

This is the first forum i've ever participated on and do so because i feel its a great medium for learning from peoples first hand experiences. I also hope to show that not only the old pros can fallow the gold trail successfully.

Jim - I typically only move boulders or overburden if i'm fallowing a gold trail that makes doing so a necessity. This location it was nearly a must, but if it wasnt a go to close to home i may never have done so.

AjR

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold at the end of the trail makes the journey all the more memorable.......Good for you and thanks for sharing.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a nice spot for Gold and the Quartz crystal specimen as well! Could that be a piece of Gold in the upper right quadrant of the Quartz specimen and possibly another in the upper center or is it just light refraction?

Frank

OP
OP
Featherdfishead

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just refraction but that wood be sweet. Thanks for looking
AjR

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold miners make the bedrock......or perish. Great quartz species for sure. It's not work but pleasure for the mind,soul and body...rock on :headbang: John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread