Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's right, I found gold! Finally I found GOLD! With my new detector!
But its not quite what you would think, the gold that I am referring to is the gold plating on the pins and circuits of a Cell phone.

Yup, that's right, I found a cell phone with my FORS Gold. :)

I was detecting Anderson River Park and was in some taller grass, whelp the FORS Gold overloaded and I started running my hands through the grass.
To my surprise a pink touch screen smart phone flipped across my fingers.

It couldn't have been there too long because it wasn't moisture logged but the screen has a small crack across it, probably from someone stepping on it.

I took it home and charged it up and sure enough it works.

So far I am still waiting for someone to claim it.
The phone is set to Spanish so I am not sure who the contacts are.

Anyways, here is my Craigslist ad on my facebook page, I made it kinda funny because, well, that's who I am. :D

https://www.facebook.com/crainracing?fref=nf&pnref=story

Upvote 0

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Gold is gold, way to go Neo. I am still trying to find my first. I hope to find the first Apple watch. Supposed to be worth $17000. Could be closer to 10k. Rushbo said 17k though.

Last edited:

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well youll probably go down is history as first person to find a phone with a fors gold. lol. awhile back i found a key fob with toyota keys on it. next to a dirt road in the woods. dirt bike ride thru there, so probably fell off a dirt biker. the fob had been rained on, so im sure it was there for awhile. well good job. treasure is treasure.
also you have to be careful digging around parks. last year a friend at the same park was detecting under some bushes and he pulled out a needle rig. luckily he didnt get poked. and thanks to reddings never ending transiet problem. a couple places we detect they are living in the woods. we have detected razor blades. and crap. so you have to watch it.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
lol, yeah, I have not heard of many finding working cell phones yet. :D

Still no word from whoever owned it.

Apple has gone off the deep end for sure, a freakin Lamborghini Cell phone is cheaper than those watches (and way cooler in my opinion.)
A Lamborghini watch is a fraction of the cost of the Apple as well and much nicer looking.
Granted the Lambo watch isn't a "Smart Watch", for what you are saving on that, you can buy the Lambo Cell phone and still be in it less than the Apple watch! lol
I would much rather say that I own something designed by Lamborghini rather than Apple...

I did find a FitBit fitness watch last year when sniping, it was at the bottom of a 15+ foot deep hole.
It was the same swimming hole that I found my gold ring, just at the much deeper end. :)

Thank you for the heads up at Anderson River Park, my Ex wife lives in Anderson and she found a needle outside of her apartment one day while I was dropping my kids off.
I feel bad for some of the homeless population but not those that are doing drugs and littering their byproducts all over the place.

I have come across old homeless camps before that are just a HUGE messes of trash, some of them are so thick with trash that you cant walk 20' from the center and touch dirt.

Granted, I don't feel that I possess the la haute société frame of mind that would qualify me to purchase one of these creations, but I certainly wouldn't turn it down if given to me. lol

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread