NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi everyone. Im thinking about getting a 3030. I like gold detecting . As well as beach and and land hunts. Does anyone know how wrll a 3030 proforms when gold prospecting? I know its not going to out do a sdc. Atx. Gpx and gpz. But just an all rounder question?

Upvote 0

discn

Aug 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
my sixth sense and a shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you like gold detecting for gold nuggets the Ctx wouldn't be the best choice although I have found a few nuggets with my 3030 it can find them. IMO it's the best land and beach detector I have used hands down. Just my honest opinion.

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have a good detector. But i find alot more coins then gold. I was going to sell my gold detector to buy the 3030. Because i do Beach and parks more then i get to the gold fields. I did see a guy the other week found a total of 5oz in nuggets on the goldfields. While looking for relics. But that's all he really said. And showed pictures of them

Last edited:

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the 3030 is like my Whites V3i when it comes to gold prospecting. It will work and find gold. But there are better machines for prospecting. One nice thing with the CTX is that it is waterproof. I watched a video a few years ago about a guy in the Yukon that found a 1oz nugget with a Freight Harbor type metal detector.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are using the CTX for prospecting, you better have some big nugs on your site because its not going to find little match-head pickers that most gold machines find.

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Lol who really looks for match head size ones anyway. Im after the big ones always

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol who really looks for match head size ones anyway. Im after the big ones always

Real prospectors, thats who. There are an order of magnitude more of the gram sized pickers than the ounce sized nuggets. You could walk over a fortune in gold while trying to find those untra-rare big ones.

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yea i know. But i frequent thr beach and parks way more than the gold fields. I just want to know how it goes in the hot ground. And ionized soil.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi everyone. Im thinking about getting a 3030. I like gold detecting . As well as beach and and land hunts. Does anyone know how wrll a 3030 proforms when gold prospecting? I know its not going to out do a sdc. Atx. Gpx and gpz. But just an all rounder question?

The 6 inch coil would find 3 or four gram coins and nuggets very well. It works very well on the early to mid twentieth century gold Mexican dos pesos coins in hard mineralized sand loam.

There are a few videos here illustrating it n that exact capacity.

It actually would be a good choice. It would be a tremendous amount of work to harvest "the fortune in gold dust that you would step over" before you relatively easily could sense and retrieve a 1/5 or quarter ounce nugget.

The ATX on the other hand is very sensitive pure metal detector. Unless you are in terrain "virtually untouched by man" (Actually it too works very well at the beach.) be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:

TrinityBigfoot

Aug 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Gold Bug II, Whites TRX Pointpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what coils are available, but you should be able to get some tiny pieces with a small coil. With my Whites I have a 4x6 that picked up bird shot. It may have been about 1" deep. I would bet the 3030 could do the same.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
The 6 inch coil would find 3 or four gram coins and nuggets very well. It works very well on the early to mid twentieth century gold Mexican dos pesos coins in hard mineralized sand loam.

There are a few videos here illustrating it n that exact capacity.

It actually would be a good choice. It would be a tremendous amount of work to harvest "the fortune in gold dust that you would step over" before you relatively easily could sense and retrieve a 1/5 or quarter ounce nugget.

The ATX on the other hand is very sensitive pure metal detector. Unless you are in terrain "virtually untouched by man" (Actually it too works very well at the beach.) be careful what you wish for.

and you are welcome.

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 3030 wont handle the hot ground that is found in gold baring Areas, Seems like you would be better off with A PI for the Beach and the Gold fields

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread