Minelabs made me a believer!

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello All,
I can gladly say that my SDC arrived this afternoon and as soon as my wife was home to watch the kids i hit my latest spot. As unbelievable as it sounds and still seems to me i hit the small flake (doesnt register on my scale that goes to .1 grams) a few inches down in the bedrock, i chipped and chipped and the sound got better and better. Got it out by bashing and cleaning up in my pan was absolutely amazed at how clear and true the sound had been. Stoked and still dancing a jig i slowly proceeded up river and got another signal that was a little louder but kinda hard to get at due to the angle of the bedrock. I smashed apart the small ledge with my trusty Apex and rescanned the area. Now it was nice loud and clear, bet this'll be lead i thought. Smashed, scooped, scanned and repeated again. No lead shot, a beautiful little 1/3 dwt Nugget my second in a half hour. I'm Absolutely Ecstatic!, I haven't had this much joy finding gold in awhile and i always enjoy finding it. I have been creaming this area with my GB Pro over the last year and thought i would breeze through here and hit a spot up river but instead i made it about thirty feet. Awesome! With a very big toothy smile i decided i'd head home before it got dark and get some good rest for tomorrow since i have two locations that i'm just jonsen to hit.
Today i was running sens. on 2 - never got time to worry about turning her up.
The SDC is definitely the best metal detector i've ever used - The arm rests a bit of a pain and i'll be making a weight system for diving-the coils buoyancy is annoying. Yet i'm in love. My wife asked me if i was going to shower with the thing the day that a bought it. Upon arriving home today i told her "sure s@#t i'm showern with it - F#$&*^g sleeping with it to. LOL
I'll be detecting my ass off the coming weekend - rai,shine, snow or sleet
Thanks for sharing my joy
AjR

Attachments

• SDChomegld2015.jpg
    SDChomegld2015.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice that you could be that excited, that successful, that soon, with a new detector. I heard it was a good machine, but never with such passion. Good for you. Good luck on your weekend hunt.

OP
OP
Featherdfishead

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Placer - i'm up and atum!

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's hoping you pay it off today in gold!!

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
awesome. now you can hit all your spots to see what gold youve been missing. keep us posted. im sure youre going to find a LOT of gold with your new toy. i went out today scouting and found a good looking small ground sluice in thick brush but came up empty, so hit the creek on the way out to detect bedrock. went up a tributary and saw a little hole in a small riffle that would be easy to snipe, twenty seconds later had a picker in my hand same size as the one i detected couple weeks ago. im getting better at this game. wish i could say i detected it but im happy just the same.

OP
OP
Featherdfishead

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Always nice to find some gold however you get it. Its a good feeling when you can predict where some gold should be.
Good Job bbuster

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice job scott valley man!
Hope you have fun with your new toy. Hopefully your wife wont get jealous if you actually name the thing and start talking to it. Lol

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your gettn' your wish FH as rain,wind and storms a plenty showing up today they say. Amazing how much work required to retrieve them tiny nuggets :laughing7: but what a adreneline rush. Kudos -John

OP
OP
Featherdfishead

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks! I haven't named her yet but talk to her constantly. LOL

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Everyone is delighted for you AjR... what Placergold said above goes for me. A "big toothy smile" conjures up a good deal of happiness over your first experience with this fancy new unit, and of course with the immediate results. Congratulations!!! :icon_thumleft:

Jim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread