fors gold small coil results

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello
Got back out to same place today. The spot does have alot of small gold so i took my small fors coil to see what it could do. It worked good. Hits harder on tiny gold then 11" coil. But could've got most of these with 11". Also got to try out my new nokta pointer. Believe it or not the nokta pinpointer beeped on almost all these once i had the gold moved and in a pile of dirt, i was able to use pointer and pick up on them. I was going to make a video but for the third time my battery for my cool cam says the battery is full. But it is actually empty. It devolps a memory and wont charge. Hopefully get this straightend out before next time. Anyway all 18 pieces only added up to 1.9 dwt. But atleast i broke the 13 piece a trip jinx.
Take care
Good luck

ForumRunner_20150321_215112.png

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've either got to go find the $$ somewhere to get me a Nokta,
or I need to quit reading your threads..:occasion14:

Awesome gold CG...you've not only got a great machine, but
you've clearly got some superb ground to work!

FWIW, straightened the pic up:

ForumRunner_20150321_215112-2.jpg

Last edited:

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Ca , you must be in a great area to find this much. Awesome finds. I'm still trying to find first nug. Love how it handles and it's depth. Working below my house on the middle fork Cosumnes in Somerset. I know it will be soon. How deep and small the targets I'm getting keeps me positive. Because of some homes I the area, nails and tabs are just what I have to put up with.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the comments.and yes the fors gold has been a good detector last few months. Hey armchair. Dont worry i dig up lots of junk everywhere i detect also. I usually pass up iron when first prospecting a spot. But if it has gold i will get the iron out. Quite a few times there is gold right next to the iron signal.
I think its funny, people worry about lead in the ground contaminating water tables. They dont realize how much metal detectorist help remove lead. Ive picked up enough lead that im surprised my hand hasnt got lead poisoning yet.
As far as good areas to detect. Research pays off. And luckily the old time miners helped show where there was a bit of gold by signs of their old diggings. Then you atleast yougot an idea that the area had gold. Then its just a matter of prospecting with the detector.
The place ive been going is the same last 3 weeks. Ill usually stay and grid the place till there is no more signals. Then off to find some new area.
Thanks and good luck

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A few of those look to be a grain or less ...... how deep we talking on those ( question mark ) .

I typed out question mark because the site always sticks a damn " ??? " whether you want it to
or not .

Nice Shine .

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey takoda.
I didnt measure depth. But in months past, i detected a few places that i cleaned out with a gb pro with 10" coil. And found many of the grain pieces a little deeper than gb pro found them. I had some targets when i first got fors that i heard with fors so i cross checked them with gb pro and the gb pro couldnt hear them. Thats about best way i can explain depth. But always depends on many factors though too.
Take care

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta for the win. I recently purchased a Nokta Fors gold and I couldn't be happier with it. I wanted a machine that could do it all and this seems to fit. Nice to see the gold you got and I've heard that the GB although a good machine just can't compete with the Fors gold.
Are you hunting other targets besides gold with yours? I'd like to know what depths you get as I've pulled some crazy depths with mine.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Hoser said it right once or twice, that detecting is the hardest form of prospecting and that is true. It may be the best form of exercise as well. Carry them knee pads. Right now I am digging everything, and being patient.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello bz
I only hunt gold with my fors. But for depths, it gets best depth in the vlf market. In basics it seems to be about 1 -2 inches deeper on small gold and 3-3 1/2 inches on gold dwt or bigger. Not sure about anything over 1/8 ounce. Havent got over anything bigger yet. But maybe 4 inches or more on big gold. Depends on conditions and such. These are a comparrison to a gb pro with a Nel sharpshooter coil, which is the deepest you can get with a gb pro.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello bz
I only hunt gold with my fors. But for depths, it gets best depth in the vlf market. In basics it seems to be about 1 -2 inches deeper on small gold and 3-3 1/2 inches on gold dwt or bigger. Not sure about anything over 1/8 ounce. Havent got over anything bigger yet. But maybe 4 inches or more on big gold. Depends on conditions and such. These are a comparrison to a gb pro with a Nel sharpshooter coil, which is the deepest you can get with a gb pro.

Here's the thing I normally use an AT pro but wanted different way different and kept seeing the Nokta and my curiosity got me looking at videos. From what I saw there was the machine is wanted for years. Seems everyone going for the core but I've always wanted to gold prospect and we occasionally go to north Carolina where they have gold and that's why I went with the gold instead of the core.

Right now im relic hunting coin shooting and this Nokta has not let me down. What it does for gold it does for relics and coins. I popped up a civil war bridle rivet at 14" on ground we hammered with AT pros, minelab, fisher, whites etc. I made certain that I only walked where we had hunted before just to see if this Nokta would show a difference and it did.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well sounds like your having a goodtime with fors gold and getting some good targets. Fors gold and core are very similar except different modes etc. But i think they are pretty much same depth. Yes i heard there was gold in n.c. But not sure where and anything about size.
Have a good time with your new detector.
Take care.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am very impressed with your success and pleased that you like your detector. It says a lot about the detector and your skills. That is some fine looking gold.

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoser said it right once or twice, that detecting is the hardest form of prospecting and that is true. It may be the best form of exercise as well. Carry them knee pads. Right now I am digging everything, and being patient.

Good advice AC, knee pads are a must or you get numb knees if you digg for long time.

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this talk about this "Nokta" makes me laugh so hard :laughing7: :laughing9: Why? cause I expect a "Nokta" and I don't read any , lol . "Nokta" means literally "Joke" in Arabic :happysmiley: Not sure what it means in Turkish , though :tongue3:

Not trying to make fun of this MD or any other one , but couldn't help it , lol.

Glad you found this beautiful much with the "Joke" thing, sorry again. Just messing around .

Congrats on the finds :hello2:

Last edited:

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this talk about this "Nokta" makes me laugh so hard :laughing7: :laughing9: Why? cause I expect a "Nokta" and I don't read any , lol . "Nokta" means literally "Joke" in Arabic :happysmiley: Not sure what it means in Turkish , though :tongue3:

Not trying to make fun of this MD or any other one , but couldn't help it , lol.

Glad you found this beautiful much with the "Joke" thing, sorry again. Just messing around .

Congrats on the finds :hello2:

You're right that's the meaning in Arabic but in Turkish it means "point" or "pin point" "point with accuracy" so I guess the machine lives up to it's Turkish name and it means the Arabic Nokta version"joke" is on the others who don't use one.

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right that's the meaning in Arabic but in Turkish it means "point" or "pin point" "point with accuracy" so I guess the machine lives up to it's Turkish name and it means the Arabic Nokta version"joke" is on the others who don't use one.

Agree, that little country has developed some interesting technology , you made me want one 8-) Another appealing feature of this unit is that it's not so expensive like the Aussie's counterpart (Minelab).

The main point is if you're on good gold ground then a two decades old unit can get you some, but if it's a hot ground a modern MD will tackle it more efficiently. Recent developments in electronic circuitry made huge improvements in MD work and helped in target identification.

I know it is being used in Sudan (the Nokta) but I am not sure if they use the new models or they are still stuck with older ones. The one that has still good reputation here in Sudan is the Minelab GPX-4500 , yes it is old but it works good and that is what the people are after.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I had wondered why the nokta is being sold so cheaply and I was told its to get the American market..theyve cut the price less than half price just to get the word out but they will increase it again so if you want one nows the time to pull the trigger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread