SDC Day 3

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Change of plans today so i only got out for about 3 hrs but i had another enjoyable day with my new mistress. I headed upriver from the spot i hit my first evening with the SDC. I detected away for awhile and dug afew shotgun shots and a piece of a nail and then a mellow signal. A little flake again and a second signal near by, two matching peaces. Took me awhile to get them to because the were just at water level and the clay soils kept clouding the water. Working up river waist deep i went a little while with no signals and then got a screamer and a mellow signal nearby. figuring the louder one was lead i dug the quiet one first for the third flaky peace, the load one ended up being the biggest peace, it was nice being able to work in the river and rain with out worrying about sinking the machine. I did give her a swim too. Dug a 5 or 6 more peaces of shot nearby and headed home just as the rain turned from sprinkling to a stead poor.
Big peace was .5 dwt and the 3 flakes at .1 dwt altogether.
Hope your weekend has been as enjoyable as mine. Good Luck
AjR

Attachments

• sdcday3hm.jpg
    sdcday3hm.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 0

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man o Man that is sweet.
Looks like you'll have that thing paid off by the end of the month! :3barsgold:

I sure would love one of those.
But alas I must settle for a GB pro as my first machine into this new adventure.
IF I can become proficient at it, the GB pro will allow me to step up when the time is right.

Kudos FFH!!

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good job sdc man. Dont wear the sdc out first week. Glad you found some chunks. Maybe you can get a camera and shoot some underwater sdc shots. That would be cool. Take care and get some more. Not too much the rest of us is broke and might need some too. Lol

OP
OP
Featherdfishead

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys, the places i hope to do really good are further away so it may be a few weeks until i hit them but have high hopes. Loving that this machine handles the hot surp. so well.
Calgold - I'll get a camera someday, i have actually got a video camera recently and have shot some videos for the family. Leary about putting them on because i don't want anyone trying to highgrade my spots. we'll see. Wifes already teasing about it.
Gbone - The GB PRo is a great machine to start with. I love mine but found that many of the places i hunt have very hot serpentine and i lost more depth than i liked, i also mine in an around the water and love snipeing Its great at coin shooting to. I hit a camp ground down river last ear that must not have been detected much because i found $30 in 3 afternoons and about $7 of that was in pennies. Allot of digging and allot fun.
AjR

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another good day in the field AjR... we won't be surprised at anything you might accomplish moving forward!!! So it does handle the serpentine, that's good to know. Thankyou for sharing your experiences with us, and congratulations on the gold nuggets... it is all beautiful stuff to me.:icon_thumleft:

Jim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread