One Hour - One Big Flake

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello All,
Had a dentist appointment today and got home just as it started to rain at 5 o'clock. Looked at the wife and she said you better get going because it'll be getting dark soon. Off i went to a new spot that was a quarter mile below were id previously found some color. Rain lightly falling i fired up the trusty SDC and slowly worked way up river along a small bedrock shelf. Not a thing. Circling around a scree slope that had previously slid into the river i spotted another little bedrock shelf. After scanning for a minute or two, woo-woo, i hear a little something, after digging a little gravels and fanning a little i see a large flake, its like gold foil. Not skunked and gold all 4 days i've had my new machine. Awesome. Wait a minute i think as i reach around to were my pack should be to get my gold bottle. No pack i was in such a hurry i forgot my pack, LOL. An i didn't notice for a good half hr plus. Addicted is the only fitting word. As it was getting darker and raining more heavily i got another signal and fanned out a crack and saw two flakes about half the size of the last. With no tweezers i tried hard to get them but had to leave them for another time. Not much gold - it wouldn't measure on my scale but allot of fun for sure.
AjR

Attachments

• sdcday4hm.jpg
    sdcday4hm.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the entertaining story AjR... oh well... I guess we've all done something similar at one time or another. Me and the wife can just picture it!!! But at least you got the little cornflake, and you had a real good time... congratulations!!! :)

Jim.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AJR - Like Jim indicated, "we've all done something similar". One year I went backpacking/prospecting, got into my canyon got all setup, came time to make dinner, found I'd left my stove at home. All freeze dried dinners for two weeks. Stuff tastes ok if you let it sit in cold water for 45 minutes but not as good as a "cooked meal". Keep havin fun with your new machine!....................63bkpkr

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK AJR.....I was expecting another Nugget today! Your slackin!! (Just teasing)

I am living vicariously thru you right now until I get my own MD (coming soon I hope).
So please keep em coming :headbang:

Cheers

G

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions