small gold recovery with fors

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well went back to same place and small gold seems to be the rule of thumb here. Continued collecting it with fors gold and small coil. But it is time consuming going really slow because of the mineralization. And the baby coil for the fors doesnt cover land very fast. But it was fun. Good practice. If you can find the tiny stuff , you wont miss the big ones. So ended up with 8 today for a huge total of .4 dwt. Made gas money and maybe a 99 cent hot dog.
Had a chance to film a few and make a video demonstration on my new nokta pinpointer. Should have them uploaded to my fors gold adventures channel on youtube by tomarrow or so. It takes awhile.
Take care good luck

ForumRunner_20150329_212703.png

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Couple more pics of diggings. 1st one is little brush patch where i found 4 or 5 little pcs. There is a hidden fors gold in the pic can you spot it.? Lol. Other pics also diggings there

ForumRunner_20150329_213428.png

ForumRunner_20150329_213500.png

ForumRunner_20150329_213528.png

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry you can't possibly be finding that gold – you don't have a $10,000 Australian metal detector - lol.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry you can't possibly be finding that gold – you don't have a $10,000 Australian metal detector - lol.

I have to agree and I own a fors gold..its just impossible what we say they do. You know you are using a high dollar machine and playing it off that the Nokta from the funny little country named Turkey is doing it.
Congrats on the finds. Took mine out on an exhibition hunt yesterday and showed an 82 dug down over a foot chased something in the dirt with the pin pointer for two minutes just to find a washer smaller than your pinky finger fingernail and just as thin..how does this machine go 13-15" deep with repeatable vid on stuff this small and thin? I cant wait to get on some gold.

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice photos CalGold, FG sure blends in. Chasen the small stuff sure does take time and patience but great practice as you said. I love your consistency - way to go.
I'm jones'n to get out, i spent all week in Washington visiting my grandmother at a hospice house. It was a very nice and peaceful place. Now i just need to get out and get her a piece of gold.
Good job and keep it coming - interested in the pin pointer for those small pieces - took twenty minutes underwater last week to locate a tinny piece stuck in some blue clay.

bz - love the badger graphic - :headbang:

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Taking mine to Chico while visiting in laws. They live just outside Bidwell park. Any problems using a detector there? Restrictions that any may know about? Nice pics as always Ca.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold in Maryland??? That gold is good and that unit is there somewhere??? John

Not going to use it for gold hunting in Maryland LOL I go down south to North Carolina where I have family and good spots to hunt. My AT pro could only find gold there if it was a sizeable nugget and almost on top of the ground. That's why I went with the Fors gold plus I saw a lot of ppl getting the core and I like to be different..not much difference in them

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I posted a bunch more videos on my fors gold adventures channel on youtube. Also some videos using my new nokta pointer on small gold.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the videos. Have to know because I just ordered a nokta pointer, what sensitivity setting did u have it on out of the 10 to pick up that little piece?

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey badger , i turned it on and cranked it up full sens. I think 5 is highest setting. It is pretty amazing how small of gold it picks up. If a guy did gold sniping in a shallow creek or river such as that featherdfishhead crazy guy. (lol) it might be a good tool for that.
The place where we have been detecting has shale bedrock and it always seems like once you move one of the small pieces of gold, they fall down in the bedrock cracks and are hard to get out. The nokta pinpointer worked well finding them in the cracks.
It is a nice setup with the features of a nice travel case, holster that clips on. Flashlight and etc.
I didnt use the orange protective tips at this location as i feel it gets better sensitivity on tiny gold without the cover. I will use them at other locations where the gold is alittle bigger.
Take care good luck!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went on Kellycodetectors and read the online manual for it and it shows there are 10 levels..to keep pushing the increase button until it gives one long tone and that's maxed. Says it starts out at 5 out of the box. After watching your videos im really looking forward to it..seems this nokta pointer has the sensitivity you need in a pin pointer. I've had the Garrett and the xpointer(which I like because of the adjustable sensitivity and alarms just like the nokta nut first seem to have the distance) both of which are ok but no way am I going for the Garrett carrot with all the troubles I hear about it already. Thanks for the videos, I watched all which didn't take too long..need some longer videos..would like to see some of the area you get into.

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice gold! Hey even if you are just breaking even on a day out you are doing better than most. I can't say I have had a day as good as yours above while detecting yet. Woody.

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for comments badger and woody. I would make longer videos but afterwards it takes a long time to convert video and then upload to youtube. Thats just for the shorter ones. I cant imagine how long it would take to do all this for a 20.minute video or so. I will see what i can do.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BIDWELL PARK DETECTING IS VERBOTEN AND ENFORCED ALSO. Spent 9 months in that LL hole a chico and enviros/tree huggers/bootlickers rule that town-John

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Chico has mostly been pretty enviroment friendly since 80's or so. i remember seeing a newspaper that was from chico back in 80-90's that had trash talk about mining and logging. or anything that was fun and outdoors. they were pretty racy about stuff. so it probably has been illegal to detect parks there for a long time. ironic that chico was founded by a miner. bidwell in 1800's. they have no respect for their founders. lol

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People mostly have little to no respect at all for anything anymore unless its the polar opposite of what was considered normal and decent. One day their little self centered worlds will come crashing down around them and no amount of tree hugging or rare 5 footed frogs, or owls that toot instead of hoot will save their hippy carcasses.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread