Fors gold sick day

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well ive been sick for a week or so with a bad head-chest cold. But got a little better. So was sick and tired of sitting around the house. Went back to the place that I first found gold last summer with fors gold. There is some diggings further to the north that hadnt tried in awhile but never with fors gold. Was able to detect couple hours before coughing was killing me. Fors gold pulled thru for me and landed a few pieces. 3 smaller ones weighed 1.5 dwt total and big one after completing a specific gravity test came out just over 3/4 ounce. .78 ounce. The big one was atleast 10 inches deep maybe alittle more. I wish I took a video but didnt. Just not feeling the greatest. But the gold made me feel better. Luckily fors gold makes it easy. And just loves finding gold even if the operator is not healthy.
Take care
Good luck!!

Attachments

• 1428554007168.jpg
    1428554007168.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 245
Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No badger, we have all kinds of metal objects. I dont use di3 unless im in a serious iron junk patch. Use boost mode, more depth. If hunting for precious metals. Dig all targets above 40 id. But tiny or really deep good signals will jump around . So if any of those jumpin around numbers goes above 40 couple times. You should dig. But ofcourse , or junk like lead, brass, copper, tin, zinc, etc also goes off above 40. I have a whole big collection of these junk targets thru the years. So just goes with the territory. Good luck!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No badger, we have all kinds of metal objects. I dont use di3 unless im in a serious iron junk patch. Use boost mode, more depth. If hunting for precious metals. Dig all targets above 40 id. But tiny or really deep good signals will jump around . So if any of those jumpin around numbers goes above 40 couple times. You should dig. But ofcourse , or junk like lead, brass, copper, tin, zinc, etc also goes off above 40. I have a whole big collection of these junk targets thru the years. So just goes with the territory. Good luck!

Dug way too many junk items so I try to be a little more selective. Honestly I haven't given boost mode much of a chance since im so use to a machine with multi tone I use di3 but im thinking I should use boost especially on the supposed"hunted out" areas. I already hit items at 14" with di3 but I cant say that's all the time. I've seen what boost mode can do and it does go to crazy depths. I just don't want to be digging every target I hear that's showing above 40, there has to be a way of determining from the vdi that its a good or bad target..i do use the toe or heel scan and if the numbers jump too much I know its junk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread