Looking for an Adventure...

Apr 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello community, I am new poster who is of the younger generation looking to go on a 1-2 week adventure for gold. Not expecting to find any where there isn't any. Any good suggestions to go back woods wise near north carolina? Also what about northern Canada on this side? I am looking to take my family and just take off. 1-2 weeks. We are in Florida. I also plan on using a metal detector to look for gold and such, also bringing some panning equipment. Any suggestions appreciated, Thanks.

Upvote 0

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome GreatAlexander - I know nothing about Canada Gold but a quick google search turned up The Abitibi Gold Province of Eastern Canada. May be a starting point - they sure found allot of gold in the region and seem to be mining the hell out of it upto today. Hope it helps allitle. We do have some well spoken members up in canada so maybe they'll chime in with some firs hand info. Good Luck - Glad to here you want to get the family mining - my 3.5 and 5.5 yr old kids love mining.

AjR

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Educate and prosper as your in righteous gem territory also,keep a eye out for relics also as ALL cash is helpful to get ya through them newbie blues-. Just have fun-John

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Alexander: I am from Ontario, Canada and will give you my opinion. It is about a 20 hour + drive just to hit the Canada border from Florida. When I go serious prospecting, I go to western Canada which would take your full vacation to drive there and back. If you drive straight north, you will be passing a number of historic placer gold areas that have better actual potential than once you hit Canada. These areas in the US are private land, so your choices are pay-to-mine, join a club or get permission. You will feel welcome in Canada and it is a nice drive, but realistically if your goal is to take the family mining, there are better options, unless you decide to fly.

Here is a suggested better use of your time: Go to the goldprospectorspaceradio web page and look up their radio show achieves. About a month ago was a radio show (without a particular guest) and there was a lady who called in who has a small camp-and-prospect operation in Alabama. It sounded so good to me, that I am considering taking my family down there for a trip. It is a way shorter drive for you and it sounds like a wonderful place (few restrictions, equipment available, various camping options, etc) and the best thing is they are finding gold.

Last edited:

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The above post by Placergold is excellent advice. But if you’re determined to visit Canada, there are placer areas in southern Quebec below the St. Lawrence River. Most streams have some placer gold, the Chaudierre River and its tributary system… particularly near Beauceville… has produced placer gold in quantity... in fact this area was the site of a gold rush over a century ago. But it's becoming urbanized, access is limited by claims and private ownership, so you will have to research suitable access points and get permission as needed … speaking conversational French would be a great asset. There are campgrounds located in the area, several within minutes of the Chaudierre.

Jim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread