More practice...

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks.

Well do to circumstances, I could not make it out to the place I wanted this weekend.
SO no chance of any Au.

But I had to get out and swing my thing, so I settled with doing a local run up behind my house. A leisure hike with all my gear and no expectations of anything. So a good trial run to see how my gear is situated and make adjustments on things as needed. And as always, learning the sound nuances of my GB pro (no NEL yet - still waiting)

My hills are basically Chaparral and Oak trees and I found exactly what I expected...lead, brass and other assorted trash (Valve stem from an old bike, lead strip used for car wheel balancing :dontknow:)

I'll tell you this, I now know when I've got a 22LR casing!! no question.
Lead slugs are getting easier to ID too.

Thought I 'd share.
gbone_042615_trash.jpg

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta pay your dues on any/all units. After a few 100 hours they start talking to you with every sound they make,snap,crackle and pop,squeal and that righteous zip zip double hit ROCKS-lotza luck-John

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keep it up G-Bone - like john said its all learning and after many hours you'll speak the detectors language.
Good Luck on your next Hunt - i've been busy with family and haven't got out in a few weeks - Ahh! the misery!
The Nel coil will hit and sound a little different so it'll be fun for ya switchen over and listening to the differences.

AjR

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling G. Practice is all I can do till June. A test plot and woods hunting are what I have and that's fine as I know its all for a good cause :) Finding the gold!

OP
OP
G-bone

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys!

This is truly a serious issue I have now and my wife is getting a little concerned.
Getting out there looking, is all I can frickin think of !!
And I haven't even found any gold yet!! (not detecting anyway).

My fingers are crossed that I can hit the area I've been researching now for the last month or more.
I've google-earth'ed it so many darn times, I'm doing fly overs in my dreams!
I'm re-re-reading the history books on the area, etc.
I'm twitching at my desk at work and I have to slap myself (like right now) to get back to work!!

If and when I do hit my first little nugget...... it's all over for me :headbang:

Cheers

G

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not IF but WHEN G-bone. There's no IF in gold detecting only WHEN. For example : When you find that lunker I look forward to seeing pics. LOl
Have a good one man
AjR

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys!

This is truly a serious issue I have now and my wife is getting a little concerned.

My fingers are crossed that I can hit the area I've been researching now for the last month or more.
I'm twitching at my desk at work and I have to slap myself (like right now) to get back to work!!

If and when I do hit my first little nugget...... it's all over for me

Cheers

G

re read that with butters' voice in your mind. halarious. i find i have the same problem. i was thinking today that there should be an intervention thread on this site :laughing7: or at least one to diagnose what disorder we have.

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Diagnosis In : Tiss the fever of the leprechaun, you have become obsessed with gold and soon will begin to shrink and feel the desire to adorn yourself all in green. You'll find yourself caressing and fondling your gold and before you know it you'll be a red head and you'll lock your self away so that no one else but you can lay hand or eye to your precious gold. When you do exit your hide away it will be in the cover of dark and you will swing your detector all night only returning when your poke is full. You will have no desire for rest, food or any fleshly pleasures - Gold is all you Crave. Lol

We all have it man
AjR

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gotta pay your dues on any/all units. After a few 100 hours they start talking to you with every sound they make,snap,crackle and pop,squeal and that righteous zip zip double hit ROCKS-lotza luck-John

Very well put John..... With every new machine or area the journey begins all over again.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dodging rainbows here myself Feather Hahh!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No matter how long you swing a coil, there's always something just a little bit different that pops up every now and then, but the many hours you invest will help you weed out most of the bad signals and keep refining your ability to do so.

All the best,

Lanny

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys!

If and when I do hit my first little nugget...... it's all over for me :headbang:

Cheers

G

This had me cracking up. I've been feeling the same way.

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diagnosis In : Tiss the fever of the leprechaun, you have become obsessed with gold and soon will begin to shrink and feel the desire to adorn yourself all in green. You'll find yourself caressing and fondling your gold and before you know it you'll be a red head and you'll lock your self away so that no one else but you can lay hand or eye to your precious gold. When you do exit your hide away it will be in the cover of dark and you will swing your detector all night only returning when your poke is full. You will have no desire for rest, food or any fleshly pleasures - Gold is all you Crave. Lol

We all have it man
AjR

I found a few red hairs in my beard this last weekend...and I thought it was just the full moon, du'oh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread