Gold and Guns

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Took my g/f and her kiddo out today. The spot I hit is some old old gold, that had been hydro'd 100 years ago or so. Some of the old pipe is still laying out and you can follow the ditch for miles. Someone has already been hitting it hard with the metal detector because I came up dud on anything but nails and scrap. However I got to thinking after talking with CaliforniaGold who has helped me a ton but I'm sure I'm annoying him by now. So I loaded up the gold pan just in case remember the last time I was down there I saw some edges that looked interesting.

Two shovel fulls into the pan and after a few minutes boom, I had no less that 10 colors in one pan. It was really rough gold and had a red rusty tint to it. Ran 3 or 4 pans and it was all good stuff. I can tell why they hydro'd it now. The picture below is just my second pan and you can see how high the embankment is that and the bedrock in the other too pictures.

Might go back after dredging season with a small electric pump and sluice and run more than 3 pans through it.

Afterward we made it to the truck and did some shooting. G/f's daughter has shot about twice before and always says, "I don't want to shoot" after the first magazine I couldn't load fast enough and she went through several boxes. She was getting good enough with the .22 she walked a few cans up the road and out of sight shooting.

ATT_1430717872193_20150503_125640.jpg

Attachments

• Hannah.jpg
    Hannah.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Educate and prosper as guns n gold go hand in hand out in the boonies,never leave home without them-John

OP
OP
O

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah i'm a safety freak on guns also because I grew up them and have been around them almost everyday since I was young. So drilling in that safety issue with people who haven't been around them like I have is important. You should have seen both their faces when I swirled that pan around though and there was all those colors in the pan. Was a good day.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kids taught to camp, shoot and prospect won't steal, deal or murder.

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oregonmp03, good job on the gold panning and you can't go wrong involving your girlfriend and her daughter with prospecting and shooting.
As nicely as I can say though, I do hope you were at the end of the road and walking the cans in that direction.

All the best,
Mike

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope you don't try metal detecting where all of those bullets landed. LOL
Nice gold. Hope you have success with the highbanker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread