Substitute detector day

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello

Well I am finally returning from being half dead with illness. And not detecting for 5-6 weeks. Feeling better so made it out for a few hours today detecting.
Only I am without my Fors Gold. It is on its way back from turkey after being repaired from self inflicted damage. (Don't ask) long story. So I had the option of my old gb pro. Or my partners new gpx 5000 equiped with brand new released Coiltek 14" mono elite. Camo coil. So I chose the latter.
The place we went today we have found hundreds of pieces of gold in the past. It has been cleaned out by old vlfs and nokta fors gold, my partner and her gpx with 14x9 coiltek blitz coil and recently with a minelab gpz 7000. By a good friend from the motherload who is a lifetime minelab operator. I know he found a couple more pieces of gold there. Running high yield and normal.
But today really was a experience. Using the new coiltek mono elite. I ran deep on the front panel and sens. Xtra on the menu. Without changing anything else. The whole diggins was alive with new signals. Only found 2 pieces of gold. 1 was 1/2 dwt and the little one only weighed 1 grain.
But I was very very impressed with the depth of targets and the size of some of the smaller lead and iron fragments I found.
The 1/2 dwt piece of gold was all of a foot deep. And the 1 grain was at 5". But allday I found tiny skinny iron fragments at the 7-8" inch range. Some were even a decent signal , some were quiet. I also dug a 1 dwt size lead ball at 16"
And it wasnt a whisper. And I still have 3-4 acres left to clear out. This coil also runs very quiet and no emi issues at all. I swung it for a few hours and my arm is not even fatigued. I never wear harnesses.
I cant belive so many tiny deep targets were missed with gpz. After gridding every direction.
I will be back together with my fors gold next week. But it was sure fun digging half way to china after micro pieces of metal and gold.
Just wanted share to any minelab 5000 users. This coil is a definite must for a gpx arsenal.

Gold pieces are at top of dime in pic. The rest are tiny fragments of iron and 1 #8 birdshot.

Attachments

• 1431836319009.jpg
    1431836319009.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 1431836346949.jpg
    1431836346949.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YAHOO CG fantastic to see ya upn' around. Tough having a nice new toy and being too sick to use it for so long. Kudos and as always tons a au 2 u 2-John

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:occasion14: Cheers my friend - good to have you back from the dead. I'm sure no matter what detector you and your partner wield the gold will jump into you poke. Many pounds to come!

AjR

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That lung crud is all over the states now as friends in San Diego to Florida hackn' up a lung sic sic sic..stay in the boonies where it's safe-John

snakejim

Dec 18, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer, White's GM3, GMT, GM24K, White's Pulse scan TDI, Sierra Pulse Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CaliforniaGold, just so you know for future reference, Kellyco will be authorized Nokta dealer for USA...

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats where I got my fors gold 10 months ago. But they dont fix them. Better to let Dilek at nokta handle things. She gets stuff done quickly. But there is other nokta and makro dealers in usa. And more soon. Im sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions