Little bit of gold

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello,

Got out for awhile yesterday with my detecting partner and her son. And the world renown hoser john. We met him out at his special place. Then he give us the 10 cent tour of all the areas. Actually cost me a buck fifty after service charges. Lol
We hit a spot that had some bench gold. My partner found a couple with her Nel coil gb pro combo. And her son found his first piece of gold ever. Then I forgot the batteries for my fors gold, so had to use my partners gpx 5000 with new coiltek elite coil. Managed to dig up alot of tiny deep junk again and a .3 dwt at 9" . Amazing how deep this coil detects.
It was unfortunate to find hobos living on hosers property. They had a hella mess. I thought our gold prospecting areas were the only ones. But it is getting to be a serious problem around here.
But we had a great time detecting and visiting. Managed to find 1.2 dwt for the day. Thanks again hoser for the day out at your place.

Attachments

• 1432535108988.jpg
    1432535108988.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great gold there!
I would like to go out with you guys some time and take some video of our trip.

My only GoPro stopped working a couple months back, the one that I was using to make more Nokta Videos but I just got another one so I am really eager to find some gold and make a good video. :)

I hope that we get a chance to head out sometime.

Take care.

-Eric-

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a righteous day to be alive,well except for the festering pile a crappola the homeless camp is. Camping was banned for 10 years now new rangers need education as on blm doorstep monday am to talk to Kenyon the boss. Being there to see Ds' FIRST nugget was fantastic and by god he was soooo pumped up. I'll have to find time to download the boonies pics as his nugget missing from above. Great folks,wonderful weather and THAT'S what it's all about-John

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty gold there, can only imagine the trash you musta had to dig to find that !

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Relentless you two are. Congrats to the Son, nothing like finding or witnessing the first piece. Sad to hear the hobo's are taking over more area's. Its like a blight - the camps on the outskirts of Yreka have grown significantly each year over the last 5 yrs or so. Were lucky here in Scott Valley because there are no FREE resources to mooch and to few people to beg.

Glad to hear you all had a great day out and thanks for sharing your story. Rock on Hoser! - And leave some gold for the other guy CalGold. Lol
AjR

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the boonie pic with the Virgin Nugget included,what a great day for sure-John

Attachments

• DSCN1209.JPG
    DSCN1209.JPG
    726.4 KB · Views: 138

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang John, your letting your nails grow out some!
Just kidding. :)

Those are some beautiful lil nuggets!

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
he must have good ears to hear a peice that small. thats a confidence builder.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should see my girlfriends' back :laughing7: hahaha like I still had one OR them nails either. Fun fact is...all I found with my TLST was brass shell casings and copper wire connectors for a hour. Said to heck with it and watched the minelab 5000 rock with that new coiltek huge coil. Found that nugget plumb through 8" of solid rock as it was underneath stuck to the bedrock :occasion14:. Helping newbie D and digging and bsn takn' pics was a good way to spend the day.Tesoro 0--Nokta 0---GB2 Pro(god I hate them leaking lousy coils) and Minelab saved the day and found the pay... John

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the comments and thanks again to hoser john for hosting our outing.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done.

Right pretty gold you found, and it sounds like you had some fun to boot. As well, watching someone find their first piece is always a great time.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread