Ground is golden on the other side

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello

Well between yardwork, fixing a/c on travel trailer and lots of other fixit jobs , managed a few hours to go detecting. There is a neighboring property across the street from one of our good patches, and a couple months ago the owners scraped the whole property down a few inches for fire prevention. We were eyeballing it for awhile, and decided to see if they would let us try it out. They gave us a chance today, but they said there wasnt any gold there, that they knew about. The gold deposit vein system goes right thru our property over to theirs, except there is very little quartz on their side. All our property has alot of quartz float. So we tried It out. They literaly pushed dirt everywhere, so no telling where gold might be. Suprising enough there was just no gold where they worked only bullets and such. But at the back area by some live oaks, there was some decent looking ground. Managed to find 6 pieces on that ground with the Fors Gold. It was right were a pocket deteriated. We checked out the whole area and there just wasnt anything else. Was lucky to land on that small spot, cause thats all she wrote. Had about an hour left and I checked alot of it with my partners gpx 5000, only found a couple more deep junk targets. Fors gold had found it all. None left.
So it was a short fun day inbetween fixit jobs.
Hope to get back out again soon. Gold added up to 3.1 dwt was a decent haul.
Good luck!

Attachments

• 1433123751024.jpg
    1433123751024.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 0

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful rough pieces my friend. Well Done!
I'm glad you finally got to hit the place if its were i'm thinkn.
I had a time of it myself but got less gold, I'll post my happenings soon.

To another great find with your Fors Gold
AjR

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice!
As always you are finding some beautiful gold.
Now that I got my new GoPro I am dying to find some gold and post a video up.
I think I need to loan my GoPro to you so that you can make a video or two. :D

I detected a property that was also scraped down where there was a lot of float quartz.
This was up off of Cloverdale Rd. I didn't find anything but a lot of bullets and other trash items.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn honeydos but ya got a great Honey to do for soooo good deal. Nice gold as I do like it rough...Kudos bud-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions