104 degrees, hobos, rakes, gold

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello

Well it definetly was a warm one today. Only got down in the 70' s last nite. So we got out early to see about getting some gold and maybe catch the hobos on our property sleepin.
Unfortunatly the hobos multiplied in last week. Now there is 3 different camps right in the middle of our pocket diggins. All the hobos were up and gone except for one. I yelled at him to get the flying fluck of my property. He let out some sorta screams and hollers like some of those calls on that bigfoot show. I think he might have had to much angel dust. Long story short, cops have been there 4 times now to remove them, but they just come back next day. Also if you live near redding and your missin your bicycle , the hobos probably took it. Bike theft is a huge problem in redding right now, according to cops.
Now onto the gold. Went to one of our still cleaning up places. Its near the truck, so always have ice cold drinks. We have alot of area still to clean out. There is mounds amongst the diggins that have a bush or tree or two growing on them. So there is several inches of pine branches and needles on them. So today we took our plastic lawn rakes and raked down to the dirt level to see what we got. These mounds were never detected before though.
Some of these mounds are right where a pocket was formed and the ground is xtremly mineralized. And some of the gold is very rough. Managed to find 10 pcs with Fors Gold . Some at good depths. And the rice lookin piece of gold at left of dime with my partners gpx 5000 and camo coiltek elite at 8". My partner did very well with her gb pro and nel coil and gpx. It was about a tie. Still have many mounds left. But the hobo problem is such a pain right now. I dont know if any are criminals or what. Usually I worry about my female partner getting jumped if we are seperated. But actually the hobos should worry about her and her sig saurer 40. I never seen her miss anything she has ever shot at with that thing. I havent been carrying around my 45 cal. Just my sog seal team elite knife. But might have to start packin. Ive lived here my whole life and just not wanting to accept that the local world around me is now bad. And now i have to carry my gun everywhere.
Anyways gold weight was 1.9 dwt.
Better raking for gold then raking the lawn.
Good luck!

Attachments

• 1433737168876.jpg
    1433737168876.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread