Cloudy with a chance of gold

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello

Well finally was able to get this post on here. Everytime I tried uploading pic. It said network unavailable on my phone. Maybe nokta should make cell phones too.
Anyway its been very hot and dry. But woke up this morning to a couple sprinkles and cloudy. Never expected this. So I got my detecting partner up and said lets go.
We went back to my cousins property were we still have some detecting area left. Have to crawl in alot of places. Found 4 pcs with fors gold with nokta pointer on the assist. Sniped 1 piece out of iron trash patch. Bigger piece weighed 2.1 dwt. Total 2.5 dwt. Clouds lasted till 11 am . Then back to hot again. Was brief but had a good run while it lasted. Now back to our normal heat with a chance this thurs. Of breaking our all time record of 118 degrees. Luckily im heading for the coast for 4th of july weekend.
Good luck!

Attachments

• 1435530100923.jpg
    1435530100923.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew you 2 couldn't resist WOW a righteous big'n too. Kudos. This is a cool start today but 110+, ouch in the end. Off to the claims I go-Right on CG send reguards to GR-John

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that is hot! Temperature and the gold finds.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
114 yesterday and 117++ today, going underwater to cool off for the day real quick like. Too hot to even bring detectors. Stay cool Cal G--John

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gorgeous gold CG...once again!
party.gif~original

Temps up here have been record setting as well, and we've had 90º+ highs for the
past week, and it's expected to get even hotter this weekend. With the little bit
of rain we've had this Spring the humidity is low, so it almost feels like Calif. heat.
Even weirder is how it's staying warm at night; it's 1:15 in the morning and a balmy
68º.

The bad side is that unlike Calif., very few homes are built up here with central A/C.

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
80+ at 5am plus 62% humidty this am....an god made LL on earth.......Now I know what a convection oven feels like inside as 35+ mph winds hit a 4 yesterday....yuck. John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread