Gold Trip

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Got a chance to hit a new spot...I only had a day to look around but I used my MXT for the first time for gold. Found several bullets but no gold. Panned some flakes and had some beers...nice and relaxing. It's been slow in hear so I'll post some pics. I was on the Middle Fork of the American River (I think). The area I was in is located in the Auburn Rec. Area.

Attachments

• 042907 american river.jpg
    042907 american river.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 952
  • 042907 camp.jpg
    042907 camp.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 966
  • 042907 mine 1.jpg
    042907 mine 1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 916
  • 042907 mine 2.jpg
    042907 mine 2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 910
Upvote 0

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer, looks like a great spot, beautiful location as well!!

Keep us posted.

JimCalif

Feb 18, 2007
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites 6000 di pro sl, gm4/b, vsat, sierra madre
hi killerwine

ok if your finding lead keep it up if you get over a gold nugget you will find it

HH Jim

OP
OP
killerwine

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
I figured that finding lead was good...The numbers on my MXT where exactly like what I had read about the detector. I'll just have to spend a little more time out looking! This would be a great place to dredge...lots of exposed bedrock. It's a little to far for me. I can get to the Columbia area in about 3 hours and this place was about double that. Here's another picture from Google Earth:

Attachments

• ruck-a-chucky.jpg
    ruck-a-chucky.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 818
E

el_gral

Beautiful Area Indeed! Last time i was over in california I promised myself to go back to that area, just did a little hiking by the Auburn-Foresthill Bridge near hwy49 a few miles west of your location.

fortunate

Sep 9, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
garrett master hunter ads 7, excalibur 1000, whites gmt, compass 77b yukon prospector
Killer...back in the old days...when I was young...,say 1989..lol..I bought a 5 inch dredge , specially made by Patrick keene in northridge..headed north and the first place me and my soon to be wife ended up, was cherokee bar near auburn. American river. it was an excellent time..got about 5 penny weight per day and found my first nugget dredging. loved the area ..but, kept moving north and ended up in Alaska..never left...lots of gold up here...finally found paradise..
Fortunate

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JimCalif said:
hi killerwine

ok if your finding lead keep it up if you get over a gold nugget you will find it

HH Jim
Thats right,same thing with panning if you are keeping the lead you are doing it right!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread