Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
I don't have one (yet), but was wondering if anybody has any experience getting one repaired? They have had great reviews, but I wonder what the support is like if you happen to have an issue?

I took mine out for the second time in some pretty rough terrain. Somewhere during my venture, I the battery cover came off. Not blaming the design. I think it was a combination of treelimbs and/or the headphone wire catching on hte release. I contacted Nokta who told me to contact Kellyco. I have left a voicemail and email with thier repair department. Have not heard back yet but it's only been a few hours. I'll keep you posted.

It is a great detector though. Most of the signals I dug yesterday were bullets (copper and lead). Very user Friendly.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco repair center is the authorized repair center for Nokta detectors.....

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope that KellyCo takes care of you quickly. :)

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
So I got through to someone at Kellyco and explained my situation. They asked me if I had already spoke to someone. After I explained that I spoke to the sales department earlier and was referred to the repair department and left a message, they advised me someone was working on locating a battery cover for me. I was placed on hold for a few minutes then was told my new battery cover would be going out in the mail tomorrow. So Kellyco came through with the part, no charges. Very happy. Now I need to find a large velcro strap to wrap around the back part of the control box so this doesn't happen again.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great to hear that your machine arrived in good shape; sorry to hear
about the battery cover. Does sound like KellyCo is taking good care
of the problem...:occasion14:

Big question is.....Did you find anything good in that rough terrain?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I got through to someone at Kellyco and explained my situation. They asked me if I had already spoke to someone. After I explained that I spoke to the sales department earlier and was referred to the repair department and left a message, they advised me someone was working on locating a battery cover for me. I was placed on hold for a few minutes then was told my new battery cover would be going out in the mail tomorrow. So Kellyco came through with the part, no charges. Very happy. Now I need to find a large velcro strap to wrap around the back part of the control box so this doesn't happen again.

I will pass this along.....[emoji106]

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Big question is.....Did you find anything good in that rough terrain?

Unfortunately no. Of the targets I dug, mostly copper and lead bullets. A couple of shell casings. Most of which was found in the flat on the east side of my claim. The hillside yielded buried barbed wire. If I didn't have my gloves on, my hand would have been ripped open. Still lots of area to explore.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's awesome that he got a new cover out to you that quickly, you cant beat that. :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome that he got a new cover out to you that quickly, you cant beat that. :)
Kellyco repair are ordering 6 spare battery doors in case someone else loses one....

OP
OP
M

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for answering the question and glad Kellyco sorted you out on the lost cover. If your Velcro idea does not work out, maybe something stretchy like a neoprene sock or even an old stocking would work. More attractive on a lady and probably darn ugly on a detector, but it might work...

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A couple thick rubber bands?

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I run the weather case on mine at all times.
When you are crunching through manzanita things get scratched, snagged and broken easily.

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Well I hope I'm not starting a trend of losing battery covers but it's s good idea for KCo to have some just in case. I'm glad my misfortune will help others in the future.

CG, good idea for now. I'll grab a couple at work today.

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
I run the weather case on mine at all times.
When you are crunching through manzanita things get scratched, snagged and broken easily.

That's another great idea if you have the weather case. I didn't get the pro package however I have an idea of my own for the weather protector. When I saw the protector, it reminded me of the clear plastic purses the visitors bring into the prison. I'm going to see if I can't find one that will fit.

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
I had some time yesterday evening to run out to my claim and retrace my steps. Left the detector at home. About 3/4 of the way through my hike, smashing through the same trees and brush, I found the baterry cover. Unbeliveable as I covered a lot of ground and the ground was covered with loose leaves and other debris. The cover was under a bush at the base of a rock I had to jump off of.

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Qncrazy
You might try to put a small piece of electrician tape across the tab latch of batt. Cover . That should keep it on till your done detecting. Then you can take it off when you get home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread